The Colbert Report

Benchwarmerjim

I've found it quite entertaining, although I won't be watching the full thing tonight (long math assignment due tomorrow).

The "word of the day" segment has been especially good. The changing words on the right of the screen remind me of the subtitle gags they've done on a few places like SNL or Conan, where the subtitle guy goes nuts and starts typing whatever he wants.

I'm just sad we don't get Steven on the Daily Show any more.

yeah, This Week in God just didnt have that holy laughter last night. lol

Stephen seems to have trouble read the teleprompter

but, like you said, The Word is HILARIOUS.

On the first night, that Gravatis bit with Stone Phillips was outstanding.

I also love how arrogant his character is

I think the show has got potential

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
True.  But I also think Corddry's remote pieces are almost always better than Colbert's.

Yes, but in the "sitting down with Jon" part of interviews, or serving as a correspondent being interviewed, Colbert has been the best for a long time.

The Daily Show earlier this year dealing with the James Guckert/Jeff Gannon mess still remains the funniest thing I've seen all year. Colbert did the whole thing with a straight face, and Stewart was cracking up so much he couldn't even look him in the eye.

"First Jon, in the interest of full disclosure, my name is not Steven Colbert. It's Ted Hitler. No relation. Well distant relation. 2 generations. Directly. I'm Adolf Hitler's grandson....

I killed a panda Jon I admit it! Ling ling. Or the other one. But in my defense, it was dark, I was drunk, and it was delicious. Post away Colbertkilledapanda.com!"