Whatcha Thinking

Texsox

What are you thinking today?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What are you thinking today?

• It is soooo cool. We're in the World Series.
    • We *could* win the World Series.
    • We *will* win the World Series!
    • What's that between my toes?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think "we" ( meaning of course the White Sox, of whom I am not a member or employee ) could win the World Series, but I can't say "will" with 100% confidence.

Houston's rotation is very solid, they have a good number of hitters who can come up big, and their bullpen is reliable, if a little thinner than the Sox pen.

I like the Sox' chances a lot, though.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 07:02 AM)
I said *Will*

Snb and Krush can back me up, after the 1st Boston game, after the Pods HR, I looked at them and said, "Were going to win this whole thing", and have been saying it ever since. Why the hell not? I have seen every indication that it is our year, so why the hell not?

I said numerous times over the course of the season "we're winning this thing this year" or "it's our destiny"...things like that. But, now that the Sox are actually in the World Series I'm still coming to grips with that. It's still hard to believe. I voted for the first one, I'm happy the Sox are in it. That said, I feel very confident that they can win. Houston's pitching is scary but if the Houston fans don't say the same thing about the Sox pitching they're kidding themselves.

GO WHITE SOX!!! :gosox2:

I think that is it. The Houston pitching scares me...a lot, nothing else on that team does. We have an answer for all of their hitters. We just go deeper than they do in the rotation and in the 'pen. But they have Lidge, but he proved to be hittable. I think he may have proven to not be great in an uber-tense situation.

Actually I am pretty positive about our offense in this one. The Astro pitchers are hard throwing guys who pound the inside. As much as I have abused our offense during the year for not going oppo, this could be just the trick for a pull fastball team. We cannot hit guys who throw 85-88 and spot a fastball on the outside corner. Those guys are like kryptonite to our guys. But hard throwers like Cabrera in Baltimore who feature a 98 mph fastball we light up like a christmas tree. All of the pitchers are fastball pitchers who pound inside. The only one that looks like he should give our guys fits is Backe because of his slider.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 08:52 AM)
Actually I am pretty positive about our offense in this one.  The Astro pitchers are hard throwing guys who pound the inside.  As much as I have abused our offense during the year for not going oppo, this could be just the trick for a pull fastball team.  We cannot hit guys who throw 85-88 and spot a fastball on the outside corner.  Those guys are like kryptonite to our guys.  But hard throwers like Cabrera in Baltimore who feature a 98 mph fastball we light up like a christmas tree.  All of the pitchers are fastball pitchers who pound inside.  The only one that looks like he should give our guys fits is Backe because of his slider.

But Roy has funky motion and delivery. I think that could hurt a team that has never seen him before. I expect Iguchi to be fine with him though, for some reason.

My Chicago sports interest and viewing schedule has always been, when the Bulls season ended, I'd flip over and see how the Sox were doing. When it became obvious that the Sox chances were over, I'd start watching the Bears. When the Bears season ended, I would contentrate on the Bulls.

It's frickin' October 21 and I have no idea what the Bears have been doing! That is sooo coool.

Baseball season starts, I look like a total sports freak. Always wearing baseball stuff.

Baseball season ends, I go back to the normal look, as for me, there are no other sports. This is all there is to me. :D

edit: I do wear Sox gear all year long, just not as much. It gets chilly with the lersey's.

Edited by Kid Gleason

Since moving down here, I have stopped following much football. The Cowboys had some teams that were brutal to cheer for. Half were on parole, the other couldn't leave the state. I have really enjoyed the Spurs because of David Robinson and Dunkin. Quality guys. I like how they go to work. Of course if the Bulls get hot, I have plenty of Bulls stuff so I can jump on that bandwagon in a heartbeat.

I'm following my local hockey team, the Killer Bees, although I can't help but peak at the Hawk's results.

First off I know I am not liked around here becuase well I speak the truth.. With that said here is more of it..

Unless we win the series, the season is a failure.. Yeah Whoopie we made it, who cares.. Win the damn thing..yeah we have not been here in 45+ years. But, we are here win it and plan on next year to win it again.

For those who think that it is okay to just be there.. You have accepted failure.

Never Settle for anything less than a Championship.. With that Said..

Let win this thing...

I was looking at the practice picks on chisox.com and seeing the winter hats and heavy sweatshirts made me laugh. I'm in shorts and hoping for some cooler weather.

I'm going to believe it when I see the opening pitch, the field decorated, etc. Until then, I can't even grasp winning or losing the series. Unchartered territory here.

It does feel more like the first Bulls run when there was doubt which team was better, or the Hawks of that same era. The Penguins looked tough and proved it. It is not like the Bears when it wasn't a matter of if, but of how much, they would win by.

QP, have you had the seamstress sew a WS patch on the wedding gown? Thinking of dumping ther tiara in favor of a WS Championship cap :D SHow us you're a real fan.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
First off I know I am not liked around here becuase well I speak the truth.. With that said here is more of it..

Unless we win the series, the season is a failure.. Yeah Whoopie we made it, who cares.. Win the damn thing..yeah we have not been here in 45+ years. But, we are here win it and plan on next year to win it again.

For those who think that it is okay to just be there.. You have accepted failure.

Let win this thing...

So, AL champs is a TOTAL, 100% FAILURE?

:headshake

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)
QP, have you had the seamstress sew a WS patch on the wedding gown? Thinking of dumping ther tiara in favor of a WS Championship cap  :D SHow us you're a real fan.

Actually - I do plan on having either my every day Sox cap or the AL champ hat (if it gets here like mlb said it would) for the reception. :)

Actually what I'm thinking is:

OMG OMG OMG The Sox are in the World Series! OMG OMG OMG! s***! I haven't done any work in a week! OMG OMG OMG The Sox are in the World Series!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG! I should do work, but OMG OMG OMG THE SOX ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)

Let win this thing...

That is the truth to you, as it is your opinion.

I don't agree with your opinion, so here is MY truth.

It would be a disappointment in my mind for the Sox to lose the World Series, not a total failure.

American League champions, wire-to-wire lead, best team in the league for the regular season. None of this spells failure to me.

For those who think that the achievements that get you in position to achieve something greater are meaningless.....you are destined for disappointment/anger/resentment much more often than not.

Life is not one large thing - life is a series of things that lead you to something larger.

Learn it.....know it.....LIVE IT.....grasshopper......

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
Yes, Sorry to burst your bubble but  nothing less than a world Title is Failure. If  we win a couple World Series Titles you will understand what I mean..

How the f*** do YOU understand that? Are you actually a Yankees fan?

Jesus, enjoy the f***ing game!!!!!