White Sox Pitchers Batting

Texsox

How will the home field DH rule effect the Sox?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How will the home field DH rule effect the Sox?

• Hurt the Sox
    • Help the Sox
    • No Difference

I can't see how it would help, adding a bat to an already weak Houston attack, can only help. I see the AL always getting screwed in this. At best the AL team's lineup stays the same or gets worse from the regular season. The NL lineup either stays the same or gets better.

At least Ozzie has some experience in the NL and maybe can figure out when to pull a starter and when not to.

BTW, are the Sox pitchers taking batting practice yet?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
So you prefer the NL?

No, I'm a big fan of the DH and wish the NL would catch up. In fact, I'd be in favor of a platoon system like football. Put out your best 9 defenders and your best 9 offenders.

It hurts the NL much more than the AL.

AL pitchers are used to pitching against 9 batters every game, they do not have the luxury of walking the 8th batter to get to the pitcher.

Therefore when games are played at NL stadiums the AL has a distinct advantage in pitching. And when the game is played at AL stadiums the NL has a disadvantage in that there pitchers are not used to having to face 9 real batters.

The Astros played at 3 AL teams during the regular season, Texas, Balt, and KC.

They were 2-7 in those games, only winning at KC.

Outside of the KC series, they only 1 time held an AL offense to under 5 runs at an AL park.

SB

It's a major disadvantage, especially when you're playing a team like Houston that is just insanely good in their own building. They'd have taken all three from the Cardinals if not for that miraculous Pujols HR. I considered St. Louis to be the one true dominant team in all of baseball, and they got raped.

A good question to lead off that previous thread would be to ask how often they work on their bunting over the course of a season. The preparation for Interleague play in June/July might just be a blessing in disguise, as pitchers take more bunting practice & are therefore better suited to come through in a sticky situation with a man on first and no outs in the World Series, or what have you. Ozzie knows what the deal is, though. I'd assume that these guys have been practicing on a regular basis in-between starts throughout the course of the year.

i dont think it will make a difference. our pitchers can hit the ball just as well as and with the same consistency as Carl can anyway! remember interleague? they were all hitting like crazy! (or at least Jon was, he got a single!)

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:35 AM)
It's a major disadvantage, especially when you're playing a team like Houston that is just insanely good in their own building.  They'd have taken all three from the Cardinals if not for that miraculous Pujols HR.  I considered St. Louis to be the one true dominant team in all of baseball, and they got raped.

A good question to lead off that previous thread would be to ask how often they work on their bunting over the course of a season.  The preparation for Interleague play in June/July might just be a blessing in disguise, as pitchers take more bunting practice & are therefore better suited to come through in a sticky situation with a man on first and no outs in the World Series, or what have you.  Ozzie knows what the deal is, though.  I'd assume that these guys have been practicing on a regular basis in-between starts throughout the course of the year.

St. Louis was not the team they were during the regular season in that series. Just a very beaten up team at that point in the season and no longer had the bats to handle the Astros staff. Should be one hell of a world series though... Saturday cant get here fast enough.