Royals snag LHP Bobby Madritsch off waivers

SSH2005

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
Went to my highschool... only person to make it pro in any sport from reavis.

Dude, that's awesome. I actually drafted him this year in the soxtalk league.

An SG from my high school (Gordon Tech) was signed by the Supersonics, but he never actually played in an NBA game. Tommy Kleinschmidt...have you ever heard of him? He graduated from HS when I graduated from 8th grade & he went on to become a star at DePaul. He was playing in the Japanese League last I heard.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 06:06 PM)
Dude, that's awesome.  I actually drafted him this year in the soxtalk league.

An SG from my high school (Gordon Tech) was signed by the Supersonics, but he never actually played in an NBA game.  Tommy Kleinschmidt...have you ever heard of him?  He graduated from HS when I graduated from 8th grade & he went on to become a star at DePaul.  He was playing in the Japanese League last I heard.

Kleinschmidt's a legend around these parts. If it's who I'm thinking of there is a Shabonna Park league either named after him, or, in honor of him or something.

I don't know. There are a lot of good ole' Chicago names around here. I might be confused. :lol:

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)

An SG from my high school (Gordon Tech) was signed by the Supersonics, but he never actually played in an NBA game.  Tommy Kleinschmidt...have you ever heard of him?  He graduated from HS when I graduated from 8th grade & he went on to become a star at DePaul.  He was playing in the Japanese League last I heard.

My brother used to sell him weed when he was at DePaul.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)

Yes, of course. He was one of the bigger names that year with from illinois. Howard and kleinschmidt both is the top three from the state and top 25 overall.

QUOTE(bschmaranz @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)
My brother used to sell him weed when he was at DePaul.

Ya, he was supposedly a big time pot head from what i have heard.

2nd good waiver wire pickup for Allan Baird. Bobby's a risk, but if he can come back and re-produce the form he showed in the 2nd half of 2004, the Royals have found themselves a very nice 3rd-4th starter for their rotation.

The Royals have actually got some pretty nice arms now, especially if you look at their bullpen. Nothing great, but it's a good start at least.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 01:03 AM)
Kleinschmidt's a legend around these parts.  If it's who I'm thinking of there is a Shabonna Park league either named after him, or, in honor of him or something.

I don't know.  There are a lot of good ole' Chicago names around here.  I might be confused. :lol:

Yep, you're thinking of the right guy.

I played basketball at Shabbona Park for 4 years (5th through 8th grade). Yo-Joe's was the place to be after games. That place is a Cubbie hellhole, but god damn is their food good.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
2nd good waiver wire pickup for Allan Baird. Bobby's a risk, but if he can come back and re-produce the form he showed in the 2nd half of 2004, the Royals have found themselves a very nice 3rd-4th starter for their rotation.

The Royals have actually got some pretty nice arms now, especially if you look at their bullpen. Nothing great, but it's a good start at least.

How exaclty is he a risk? It's not like by picking him up they're genuinely at risk of making themselves worse.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
How exaclty is he a risk?  It's not like by picking him up they're genuinely at risk of making themselves worse.

I mean in the sense that he may not pitch as good as he did, and in that case the Royals cost themselves a spot on the 40 man roster. Doesn't seem much, but still.

It's not like the Peralta pick-up, where he can be plugged straight into the bullpen and will perform like he should, if you get my drift.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
Went to my highschool... only person to make it pro in any sport from reavis.

I went to grammar school with him. He was a good guy back then (a bit of a class clown, but a good guy). I wish him nothing but the best.