gold gloves

letsgoarow

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
There is no gold glove for a specific outfield position, there are only 3 gold gloves for the outfield.  All 3 could be to CF's if it happens that way.

Good point, forgot about that.

I think Rowand has a reasonable shot at the 3rd glove, especially with the Sox getting to the World Series. People are starting to learn his name and see him play, which could lead to him getting one.

also:

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
does anyone know when they are announced?

i think rowand, buehrel, garland and maybe even crede have a shot

Buehrle and Garland play the same position. Only 1 gold glove is given for a pitcher, so you would have to pick one or the other :P

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
For some reason, I doubt Sizemore has a shot.  Wasn't he the one who missed a fly ball at the end of the year because of the sun?  That sort of thing sticks in the mind of voters.

Good point, again.

Other than that, his fielding was outstanding all year.

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
I think Rowand has a reasonable shot at the 3rd glove, especially with the Sox getting to the World Series.  People are starting to learn his name and see him play, which could lead to him getting one.

also:

Buehrle and Garland play the same position.  Only 1 gold glove is given for a pitcher, so you would have to pick one or the other :P

The voting has already h appened I believe. Seeing him play now doesn't make a difference.

And Buehrle.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
Don't forget the HUUUUGE plays Rowand made in NY against the Yanks late in the year.  Hot bed of voting media in the Big Apple.

the coaches are the people the fielders have to impress. They may forgive what we can't and see more than statistics. like range track to the ball arms(accurate throws) Leadership. I am predjudiced as hell and we don't see every team on a regular basis. My vote automatically goes to Rowand he does have instinct good track to the ball and does play all out on every play and he's on a pennant and possible wseries champ. I'd say he'll get the nod. :cheers

My picks:

Pos    TM.    Player
RF.    SEA   Ichiro Suzuki       
CF.    SEA   Jeremy Reed         
LF.    TBD   Carl Crawford       
SS.    TBD   Julio Lugo          
3B.    DET   Brandon Inge        
2B.    TOR   Orlando Hudson      
1B.    DET   Chris Shelton       
C..    CHW   A.J. Pierzynski     
P..    CLE   Jake Westbrook

AJ Pierzynski will not win a gold glove. We not only had the pitcher with the highest wild pitch total in the league...we had 2 different pitchers tied for the highest wild pitch total in the league. AJ's arm throwing out guys was nothing extremely special, and his work stopping the ball in the dirt wasn't incredible. Don't get me wrong, I love the work AJ has done this season, but he will not win a gold glove behind the plate.