my crazy plan WORKED

Greg Hibbard

Lucky - I'll say! Congratulations.

I'm not sure I'd have had the nerve. They were talking on TV about the good counterfeit tickets on the street and the arrests the police were making. One of the sad tales they told was of a father who paid $1000 EACH for tickets for himself and his son. When they scanned them at the Cell - counterfeit and tough luck. Wow.

That's the part of it that makes me nervous. Obviously, you wouldn't buy any print outs. I've seen some that look just like regular season tix and some that are the bigger colorful ones with the WS logo on them. For those of you who have tix, is there anything on them that we should look for so we know they're legit??

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 08:20 AM)
That's the part of it that makes me nervous.    Obviously, you wouldn't buy any print outs.  I've seen some that look just like regular season tix and some that are the bigger colorful ones with the WS logo on them.    For those of you who have tix, is there anything on them that we should look for so we know they're legit??

First of all to the original poster, congrats! Great job!

When looking at the full size color tickets. Look on the back to see the blue strip i think on the top and make sure you can see the "I Live for this" in the back ground. Also, make sure the mlb.com logo is in color.

here's what you have to beware of - they don't rip the tickets. So someone could go in, scan it and then pass it back to a buddy and it would appear to be an unused ticket. Once it's scanned - it's done. Make sure whoever sells them to you is going into the park with you. That's what we did. Also, just make sure the dude who's selling looks legit.

also, generally

there will NOT be that many people down there. There was only 40 or so people total looking for tickets, and since we got lucky, I'm assuming more people got tix after we did, although when we got in there it didn't look like there were many more empty seats. As soon as first pitch rolled around, at least 10 of those people gave up. I think they got down there early for some reason. DON'T GO EARLY. you won't get anything early. Time your arrival for right around 15 minutes before the first pitch.

It's going to be EVEN colder tonight, from all reports, with temps dipping down to the thirties. It's also a weeknight. It's also game 2, not game 1. That's going to favor the buyer. If you want to go, and brave the elements, my gut feeling is that you will probably have a chance to get in at around face. I'm not sure what that chance is, but it's a chance.

I unforunately have a s***tier experience to tell about. Me and my friends got duped and bought some counterfit tix for 300 a pop....just two of them....thank God we didn't buy the game 2 tix this asshole was selling too. They really looked the s***, all day I was glancing at the tickets people were wearing in those plastic holders around their necks. Whoever made these fakes really knew what they were doing I guess. We drew straws to see who would get em around game time when we couldn't find another 2 (there were 4 of us total) and I was "lucky"....now I'm out 300 bucks.

QUOTE(Lefty Of Love @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
I unforunately have a s***tier experience to tell about.  Me and my friends got duped and bought some counterfit tix for 300 a pop....just two of them....thank God we didn't buy the game 2 tix this asshole was selling too.  They really looked the s***, all day I was glancing at the tickets people were wearing in those plastic holders around their necks.  Whoever made these fakes really knew what they were doing I guess.  We drew straws to see who would get em around game time when we couldn't find another 2 (there were 4 of us total) and I was "lucky"....now I'm out 300 bucks.

WOW, man. That really, really sux. What kind did he sell you, print outs?...or the colorful ones? I guess the ideal situation is like some else said, find someone who has an extra and walk to the gate with them.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
WOW, man.  That really, really sux.  What kind did he sell you, print outs?...or the colorful ones?    I guess the ideal situation is like some else said, find someone who has an extra and walk to the gate with them.

They looked the s*** man, the tickets had tons of watermarks and everything looked in place in terms of the graphics themselves. Earlier in the day some joker tried to sell us some ticketmaster tickets with "White Sox vs. Astros" on them,...obviously those were fake and so we said f*** off, but the ones we bought were spot on. Someone went to an AWFUL lot of effort to replicate those....that person will rot in hell along with the piece of s*** that sold em

QUOTE(Lefty Of Love @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
They looked the s*** man, the tickets had tons of watermarks and everything looked in place in terms of the graphics themselves.  Earlier in the day some joker tried to sell us some ticketmaster tickets with "White Sox vs. Astros" on them,...obviously those were fake and so we said f*** off, but the ones we bought were spot on.  Someone went to an AWFUL lot of effort to replicate those....that person will rot in hell along with the piece of s*** that sold em

Most likely, they were not replicated tickets, they were real tickets that had already been scanned.

An enterprising thief could use his ticket, say at gate two... walk up one flight on the ramp and discreetly drop a cache of tickets out to a friend stationed just below. Those tickets could then be sold without anyone being able to tell they were going to be junk.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
Most likely, they were not replicated tickets, they were real tickets that had already been scanned.

An enterprising thief could use his ticket, say at gate two... walk up one flight on the ramp and discreetly drop a cache of tickets out to a friend stationed just below. Those tickets could then be sold without anyone being able to tell they were going to be junk.

Yes, but you still have to show your ticket like 2 more times beyond the front gate. What does this thief do once he gets inside to get to his section and seat without a ticket? I suppose he could drop them from anywhere in the park and decide to stand on the concourse or just keep moving for the entire game, but that's a lot of work and would take away from his fun at the game. You're right though, this is a piece of s*** we're talking about, so anything is possible.

QUOTE(Lefty Of Love @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
They looked the s*** man, the tickets had tons of watermarks and everything looked in place in terms of the graphics themselves.  Earlier in the day some joker tried to sell us some ticketmaster tickets with "White Sox vs. Astros" on them,...obviously those were fake and so we said f*** off, but the ones we bought were spot on.  Someone went to an AWFUL lot of effort to replicate those....that person will rot in hell along with the piece of s*** that sold em

f*** man, that sux. I'm gonna give it a shot tonight, but now I'm nervous as hell. I think I've decided not to purchase unless I can walk in with the seller.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
Yes, but you still have to show your ticket like 2 more times beyond the front gate.  What does this thief do once he gets inside to get to his section and seat without a ticket?    I suppose he could drop them from anywhere in the park and decide to stand on the concourse or just keep moving for the entire game, but that's a lot of work and would take away from his fun at the game.  You're right though, this is a piece of s*** we're talking about, so anything is possible.

I went to 1 ALDS and 1 ALCS, sitting way up in the upper tank both times, and was never challenged to show a ticket past the turnstyles. I know you're asked to show your tix to get into the 100 or 300 level but I never got as much as a glance sitting upstairs. Something to keep in mind.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
Yes, but you still have to show your ticket like 2 more times beyond the front gate.  What does this thief do once he gets inside to get to his section and seat without a ticket?    I suppose he could drop them from anywhere in the park and decide to stand on the concourse or just keep moving for the entire game, but that's a lot of work and would take away from his fun at the game.  You're right though, this is a piece of s*** we're talking about, so anything is possible.

Yeah that was my thinking too. They don't enforce s*** in the upper deck during the season, but cmon, this is the World Series, they oughta get their act together for this very reason. I should've just gotten the hint: I'm not a rich white executive looking to be seen so I obviously had no business attending a World Series game

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
I went down there tonight, and there was one person selling. That was it. We walked around from 6-7:15 and found nothing. The one person selling wanted $1500 for a single LD ticket. It was really cold, and there were tons of other people looking for tickets with us.

Yep, tonight there was absolutely NOTHING out there. I looked from 6:50 til the 3rd inning. Someone suggested going to Jimbo's and there was a scalper inside asking $1,500 for a lower deck seat and that was in the 3rd inning!

As a side note, Jimbo's sux overall. First of all, the place is not that nice and was only 50% full and they wouldn't let anyone else in. Why not? Guess they don't enjoy making money. Yet they had 2 guys inside wearing Cubs hats and facing the OPPOSITE way of the TVs.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas