One more jealous jab by the losers at fox

WISOX

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)
get...over...it...

in all my years, watching the world series, they have never shown the first pitch.

you want to see it, drop a grand and go to the ballpark!

This post has been edited to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
To make it worse, they made us suffer through Liz Phair.  :puke    Seriously, how do people continue to let her make records??

The guy who did the national anthem was ok, kinda boring, but at least stayed in tune.

Listening to her was like playing a tape too slow.

Edited

I HATE when people reply with "cubbie this" "cubie that"

If he truely is a cub fan - then my bad for this post

but, why even say that? thats retarded, thats like me saying you a cub fan because you dont like the players i like or the music i like or something.

But yeah, you are right in the fact you just had a question and got a stupid answer, but heh, sorda was a stupid question aswell - what are we going to do to help you see the first pitch? :|

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 08:32 AM)
To make it worse, they made us suffer through Liz Phair.   :puke    Seriously, how do people continue to let her make records??

The guy who did the national anthem was ok, kinda boring, but at least stayed in tune.

Lis Phair looked pretty good, but yeah she was godawful.

As for waiting to see Little Louie throw out the first pitch, I was extremely disappointed as well. I thought they would at least throw in a short clip of it at some point.

It was cool seeing Steff (I think that was her!). It was a great shot that really defined the moment for us oldsters. WTG, Steff!! :drink

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
Lis Phair looked pretty good, but yeah she was godawful.

As for waiting to see Little Louie throw out the first pitch, I was extremely disappointed as well. I thought they would at least in a short clip of it at some point.

It was cool seeing Steff (I think that was her!). It was a great shot that really defined the moment for us oldsters. WTG, Steff!!  :drink

It was definitely Steff. :lol:

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
It was definitely Steff.  :lol:

Where was Steff?

Liz Phair was terrible. She sounded scared out of her skull.

That Josh Grobin guy was also quite dull. He was in tune, but he turned the song unrecognizable.

I thought Lou Rawls was suppoesed to do something? Is he tonight?

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
It was cool seeing Steff (I think that was her!). It was a great shot that really defined the moment for us oldsters. WTG, Steff!!  :drink

I wish I could express exactly what I was feeling at that moment. Had I known I was on tv I would have smiled, LOL. I was just so surreal. The park, the field, the players. I was in awe.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
They showed her right after the National Anthem.

Lou Rawls is singing the anthem tonight.

Heh...not 100% sure of what she looks like. Surely I would have noticed somebody that was 1/2 bee though. :huh:

Cool, Lou tonight! That one will be great!!! Hopefully this rain goes away. Thought they said last night that Pettite has voiced concerns over the weather. What a "gamer"!!!

Liz Phair looked good, and, while not sounding all that great,  sounded better at the park than she did on tv. You do have to love some of the lyrics of her songs.

She's godawful. Her voice was like nails on a chalkboard last night. She couldn't even hit a high note that every female singer in the world could. Good thing for her that she looks good.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(iWiN4PreP @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
I HATE when people reply with "cubbie this" "cubie that"

If he truely is a cub fan  - then my bad for this post

but, why even say that? thats retarded, thats like me saying you a cub fan because you dont like the players i like or the music i like or something.

But yeah, you are right in the fact you just had a question and got a stupid answer, but heh, sorda was a stupid question aswell - what are we going to do to help you see the first pitch? :|

im guessing the cubbie reference was to me. if that dude can name one time they showed the home teams opening pitch, then this entire thread has a point.

to call me a cubs fan lacks knowledge and tact.

PS... jumping on this board with less than 20 posts and ripping someone for making a valid point does not a long tenure make.

welcome to the board, now take it easy!

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
Where was Steff?

Liz Phair was terrible. She sounded scared out of her skull.

That Josh Grobin guy was also quite dull. He was in tune, but he turned the song unrecognizable.

I thought Lou Rawls was suppoesed to do something? Is he tonight?

I unfortunately saw Liz Phair at Lollapalooza this year and she was just as awful then. Last night was embarassing. "God bless America, my home sweet Hooooowwwwwl." Our entire party hit the floor laughing.

Who is Josh Grobin?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
I unfortunately saw Liz Phair at Lollapalooza this year and she was just as awful then.  Last night was embarassing.  "God bless America, my home sweet Hooooowwwwwl."  Our entire party hit the floor laughing.

Who is Josh Grobin?

This funny looking guy that sang the national anthem.

77academy_a0737-p.jpg