Sox @ Houston - World Series Game 3

Heads22

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)
LOL.

Like I say. You say you wouldn't swing at the first pitch. Whenever you want to show me your major league pinch hitting credentials just go ahead. Otherwise I'll trust the guy who has done it a whole lot.

Please. The guy has done it alot because of an enfatuation with Timo Perez the person, not the player by the White Sox manager, and he hasn't even been remotely acceptable at it.

In the last three seasons he's batted .173 with a .419 ops pinch hitting. I think I'd take my 1.000 batting average over his .173. In my opinion, I believe you must take a pitch in the situation he was in, he didnt, and he nubbed a slow roller down the first base line.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
Please.  The guy has done it alot because of an enfatuation with Timo Perez the person, not the player by the White Sox manager, and he hasn't even been remotely acceptable at it.

In the last three seasons he's batted .173 with a .419 ops pinch hitting.  I think I'd take my 1.000 batting average over his .173.  In my opinion, I believe you must take a pitch in the situation he was in, he didnt, and he nubbed a slow roller down the first base line.

You swing at the first strike that looks hittable in an RBI spot

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
Please.  The guy has done it alot because of an enfatuation with Timo Perez the person, not the player by the White Sox manager, and he hasn't even been remotely acceptable at it.

In the last three seasons he's batted .173 with a .419 ops pinch hitting.  I think I'd take my 1.000 batting average over his .173.  In my opinion, I believe you must take a pitch in the situation he was in, he didnt, and he nubbed a slow roller down the first base line.

Well. I can't fault your opinion. YOu are certainly entitled to it.

Just give me a yell when your opinion matters though.

QUOTE(3RDBASE @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
ROWAND YOU BETTER DO SOMETHING HERE OR YOUR WORTHLESS!

I wouldn't count on much. He's scufflin.

Especially on a pitch like that. He doesn't have nay chance. Nobody really does though.

Edited by jphat007