The Houston Astros

GLOAD is GOD

Has anyone noticed that the entire Houston Astros team is comprised of bearded white men, that range from anywhere between 5'10 and 6'3. When one bearded white man doesn't step it up, he's easily replaced by some other caucasian with a beard. Ex (Bagwell, Lidge, Qualls, Wheeler, Lamb, Ensberg, Ausmus, Lane, Everett....the list goes on) Interestingly enough, the only two non bearded white men i can remember are Willy Taveras and Jose Vizcaino, both of whom have hurt us, especially Taveras. Let's just make sure we're dealing with bearded white men the rest of the way, and we've got it!

QUOTE(GLOAD is GOD @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
Has anyone noticed that the entire Houston Astros team is comprised of bearded white men, that range from anywhere between 5'10 and 6'3.  When one bearded white man doesn't step it up, he's easily replaced by some other caucasian with a beard.  Ex (Bagwell, Lidge, Qualls, Wheeler, Lamb, Ensberg, Ausmus, Lane, Everett....the list goes on)  Interestingly enough, the only two non bearded white men i can remember are Willy Taveras and Jose Vizcaino, both of whom have hurt us, especially Taveras.  Let's just make sure we're dealing with bearded white men the rest of the way, and we've got it!

Taveras and Viz aren't really white. Biggio also isn't bearded because he can't grow facial hair (steroids?).

When they were doing the Game 1 introductions of the Astros, I was thinking that I had really poor facial recognition skills. Practically every member of the team that trotted out onto the field looked the same to me - like clones or twins. Even their beards looked identical.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
Funny.

I hat to say this, but I have hard time hating the Astros.  They play with a lot of fight, very similar to the Sox.

I respect the Astros very much. They're the only team I feel slight remorse about beating in the play-offs. They have a lot of heart and they have been about as star-crossed as the Sox. That said, I hope the Sox beat the hell out of them in Houston.

Just started reliving the game on my DVR and this struck me

Tim McCarver said this about the bearded Astros:

"They look like a bunch of Shakespearian Actors..." :huh

WHAT THE f*** DOES THAT MEAN?!? :banghead

I'm an actor...I've done Shakespeare

You can always count on Timmy

:lolhitting

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(GLOAD is GOD @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 12:39 AM)
Has anyone noticed that the entire Houston Astros team is comprised of bearded white men, that range from anywhere between 5'10 and 6'3.  When one bearded white man doesn't step it up, he's easily replaced by some other caucasian with a beard.  Ex (Bagwell, Lidge, Qualls, Wheeler, Lamb, Ensberg, Ausmus, Lane, Everett....the list goes on)  Interestingly enough, the only two non bearded white men i can remember are Willy Taveras and Jose Vizcaino, both of whom have hurt us, especially Taveras.  Let's just make sure we're dealing with bearded white men the rest of the way, and we've got it!

:unsure: :huh: :unsure:

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 05:45 AM)
Just started reliving the game on my DVR and this struck me

Tim McCarver said this about the bearded Astros:

"They look like a bunch of Shakespearian Actors..." :huh

I'm an actor...I've done Shakespeare

You can always count on Timmy

:lolhitting

hahaha

It is hard to dislike the Astros. They are my second favorite team, but it is very easy to root against them, very easy. Zero conflicting feelings, and damn happy about that.

A defining moment was when they dumped Lugo for getting arrested for domestic violence. They didn't even wait to see if he could get out of it. He was starting for them and on the field it was going to hurt them. They have a bunch of guys who are getting a lot out of their baseball talents, and are damn likable as well.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
I went to the game and was going to make a banner saying something about Houston's "Killer Beards" but thought it would be in bad taste (especially since a family of Astro fans was sitting behind me).

SFF

"Killer Beards"?

Isn't that Tom Cruise's Assassination Squad?

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
Taveras and Viz aren't really white. Biggio also isn't bearded because he can't grow facial hair (steroids?).

very strange truth right there. biggio has never even had stubble that i have noticed...what else can it be but juice?