Baseball value?

sec159row2

My 14-year old daughter saw the mob on Kong's ball and said, there was no way she wanted to be around that ball. I was wondering what the price tag would be. I'm guessing in the $5,000 to $10,000 range. today. More after the Sox win it all.

there's no way I would ever sell it.

The only people to ever get thier hands on those balls would be the guys who hit them.

People charging althetes to get thier balls back sucks, even more so when it's the sox.

I am really happy the two guys who caught the Konerko/Pods balls were real fans who glady gave them back to those guys.

All I would ask for is to maybe get another ball signed by a few guys.

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
there's no way I would ever sell it.

The only people to ever get thier hands on those balls would be the guys who hit them.

People charging althetes to get thier balls back sucks, even more so when it's the sox.

I am really happy the two guys who caught the Konerko/Pods balls were real fans who glady gave them back to those guys.

All I would ask for is to maybe get another ball signed by a few guys.

They charge me to watch them play? I'd sell the balls in a heartbeat. And the better the player, the more I'd ask for. Hey Konerko, let's wait until after you sign the next contact and figure out how much this baby is worth. I may give you a hometown discount. ;)

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
They charge me to watch them play? I'd sell the balls in a heartbeat. And the better the player, the more I'd ask for. Hey Konerko, let's wait until after you sign the next contact and figure out how much this baby is worth. I may give you a hometown discount.  ;)

I agree with you Tex.

It's easy for any of us to say we wouldn't take the money.

But, if I or anyone else were actually in a situation to sell the ball and make a huge profit, I think the tune could change mighty quickly.

Even if, on a Soxtalk thread, you said you would NEVER EVER sell the ball.

Yea. Right.

Now I am a softy and if Konerko said he wanted to give it to his new baby daughter, I may be inclined to to not sell it to the high bidder. But if he's wearing an Angels uniform in 2006, the highest bidder not named Konerko is the winner :headbang

I'd want to know if Paulie or Pods wanted the ball back. If they did, I would trade them for a signed bat. I wouldn't sell either thing though to anybody. I'm a sentimental nut who loves collectibles for the collectibility, not the value.

But first offer is to the guys that gave it to me originally. :D

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
Now I am a softy and if Konerko said he wanted to give it to his new baby daughter, I may be inclined to to not sell it to the high bidder. But if he's wearing an Angels uniform in 2006, the highest bidder not named Konerko is the winner  :headbang

Nicholas will not be happy.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
That would be Garcia's daughter's name.

Damn breeders, I can't keep them straight

I mean, if he is so concerned about buying the ball he doesn't even know he has a son and not a daughter, I'd would have to give him a discount . . . :lolhitting

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
what is a world series grand slam home run ball worth?

how about a world series walkoff home run ball?

I would just want Paulie to take a picture with me and the ball...and then a few autographs...bat, ball, picture...which would require minimal effort from Paulie. Money isn't everything.

eh

if it was 5-10 thousand

it wud be selled from me, i mean come on, do you want :

1. 10-20 jerseys, some hats, and moeny left over, or whatever yo uwant to buy.

or

2. give konerko or pods the ball..

i mean come on, im a nice guy, but :-/... ive been wanting just one jersey now for a year on and off, and its jsut hell. with 5000 dollersi n my hands.. oh boy.

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
Money isn't everything, an even better idea id holding the ball hostage.

Telling him, it's yours if you re-sign with the sox.

That sounds kinda low; but in the baseness of it, it IS a desperate enough option to try, I suppose.

I didn't hear what actually happened to the balls... someone earlier said the ball catchers gave them to the team... but the thing to remember when catching milestone balls is... more often than not once you leave the stadium the ball is worthless... world series balls may be different, like when bonds was chasing 700 they put a chip in it or something... but unless the team/league authenticates the ball, it is worthless...

If it was only worth a few grand...then I would keep it or give it back to the player for a bat or what not. If we're talking like 5 or 6 digits then that's a whole new story. My livelihood comes first. Let's see..... some extra money for your downpayment on a house or kids college or new car OR making a millionaire stranger happy.

I'd sell it....call me greedy.

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 12:07 PM)
I didn't hear what actually happened to the balls...  someone earlier said the ball catchers gave them to the team...  but the thing to remember when catching milestone balls is...  more often than not once you leave the stadium the ball is worthless... world series balls may be different, like when bonds was chasing 700 they put a chip in it or something...  but unless the team/league authenticates the ball, it is worthless...

How did they differentiate between that exact ball? They would have to know which one was in play for that pitch.