Konerko and Thomas

Texsox

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
That was very cool. I think it's also awesome that Anderson, McCarthy, Borchard and I'm not sure who else are getting to be a part of this. It's great!

I was thinking the same thing last night - what a great experience to have as you begin your career. Can't hurt the Sox, that's for sure.

Did you guys hear the replay of Rowand when Pods hit it out? They had him mic'd and his expression was one of total disbelief as he was saying, "no way...no way...(as it goes out)...NO WAY!!!)

AWESOME.

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
is this incredible naive of me to not know but...

is anderson on the playoff roster? he's fully dressed

You can be in uniform and not be on the roster. Anderson, Borchard, BMac, & Frank are all in the dugout in uniform.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
You can be in uniform and not be on the roster.  Anderson, Borchard, BMac, & Frank are all in the dugout in uniform.

oh gotcha...

that's gotta be a fun treat for those guys to put on the uniforms with the world series patches on em...

they should all know they had a huge part in the sox being here...well, maybe not borch, but that 2 HR game by anderson was sick...

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
Did you guys hear the replay of Rowand when Pods hit it out? They had him mic'd and his expression was one of total disbelief as he was saying, "no way...no way...(as it goes out)...NO WAY!!!)

I finally found a 2nd quote for my sig last night.

I think Paulie's gone as well. The articles bidding up his services are getting unreal. Kotex Boy started it with comparing his value to Maggs & now I've just read an article comparing it to Beltran.

There's no way the CWS is going to commit $100M+ to Kong. I don't even think they will go higher than $60M. So in lieu of Kong being gone I think Thomas being back with the CWS is a good bet.

As for A's rumor I remember a similar situation with the O's the last time around. He turned down more $ from the O's to remain with the CWS. I'm more worried about Frank being able to play than playing for the A's.