Is anyone else

AnthraxFan93

I was watching last night and after the Paulie Grand Slam there was a 1:05 of silence on the TV, and then when they came back they were taking the Dye at-bat apart, not one good thing said about the HR and how the Sox took advatange of "mistakes" But as soon as The Astros started their comeback Joe Buck was excited as a 8 year old on X-mas.. It seems even in the WS we can't have an unbiased announce team.

Here is my suggestion which would be great for the fans.. Have an annouce team of one home and one away annoucer do the games, this way we have the inside scoop on things as well as a true bias..

Sorry most of the time this does not get to me, but last night was the straw that broke the camels back.

They still won't get respect when they win it all. It will all be about the calls from the umps. :banghead Let's ignore the media and go out and win the f***ing World Series!! :headbang :headbang

Edited by mkalk

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 10:08 AM)
It seems even in the WS we can't have an unbiased announce team.

The worst thing was when Lidge gave up the homer and McCarver said, "Why do things like this happen?" Now, I'm pretty sure he was just feeling bad for Lidge being a goat in two consecutive appearances, but that's crap analysis. How about the other side?

Anyone have any theories as to why the announcers would be biased? I'm not certain they are. I'm guessing Astros fans probably think the announcers favor the Sox.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
The worst thing was when Lidge gave up the homer and McCarver said, "Why do things like this happen?"  Now, I'm pretty sure he was just feeling bad for Lidge being a goat in two consecutive appearances, but that's crap analysis.  How about the other side?

Anyone have any theories as to why the announcers would be biased?  I'm not certain they are.  I'm guessing Astros fans probably think the announcers favor the Sox.

As opposed to Ed Farmer on the radio explaining that the Astros should have used Lidge into the last game against the Cardinals to try and get him a positive experience instead of having his last game be the Pujols walk-off. Almost right away after that, Pods went yard. To me it was the epitomy of a good announcer vs a bad one. Farmio was offering excellent insight in the mentality, and what your thinking process should be after a tramatic loss, vs Buck and McCarver who were just whining after the fact.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
As opposed to Ed Farmer on the radio explaining that the Astros should have used Lidge into the last game against the Cardinals to try and get him a positive experience instead of having his last game be the Pujols walk-off.  Almost right away after that, Pods went yard.  To me it was the epitomy of a good announcer vs a bad one.  Farmio was offering excellent insight in the mentality, and what your thinking process should be after a tramatic loss, vs Buck and McCarver who were just whining after the fact.

I get that, but why would the announcers be pro-Houston/anti-Sox? I would think that the Sox are the bigger story.

As opposed to Ed Farmer on the radio explaining that the Astros should have used Lidge into the last game against the Cardinals to try and get him a positive experience instead of having his last game be the Pujols walk-off.  Almost right away after that, Pods went yard.  To me it was the epitomy of a good announcer vs a bad one.  Farmio was offering excellent insight in the mentality, and what your thinking process should be after a tramatic loss, vs Buck and McCarver who were just whining after the fact.

The Fox announcers also had excitement in their voice when the Astros were scoring or made a great play, and were speechless when the Sox did anything good. Ed/Farm are suppose to be biased and are to some extend, but being the Sox annoucners you exepct this.

It doesnt bother me who they favor, the fact that they absolutely suck does.  These two have no buisness broadcasting the World Series, their analysis is about as deep as a kiddie pool.

The story on Jenks that Buck came up with was from the trib on Saturday edition.. That is some had noise reporting from them huh? Hell I can pick up a paper and read.. CAn I get paid to do the national broadcast.

their announcing is what i'd expect from a national crew. Its weird because barring packers games, i really never feel that football broadcasters are biased. Yet with baseball i always feel they just don't know anything about any teams except on the east coast and some of the west coast teams *seattle, oakland*.

But what i'm getting more sick of is their voices. I dont like joe bucks voice and i don't like tim mccarvers voice. I like voices like Jon Miller and Jon Rooney, hell, i would love to have bob costas announcing these games. I've always been a fan.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
The worst thing was when Lidge gave up the homer and McCarver said, "Why do things like this happen?"  Now, I'm pretty sure he was just feeling bad for Lidge being a goat in two consecutive appearances, but that's crap analysis.  How about the other side?

Anyone have any theories as to why the announcers would be biased?  I'm not certain they are.  I'm guessing Astros fans probably think the announcers favor the Sox.

Anyone have any theories as to why the umpires would be biased? Seems like the umps have a few bucks on the outcome. :bang :bang

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
their announcing is what i'd expect from a national crew. Its weird because barring packers games, i really never feel that football broadcasters are biased. Yet with baseball i always feel they just don't know anything about any teams except on the east coast and some of the west coast teams *seattle, oakland*.

But what i'm getting more sick of is their voices. I dont like joe bucks voice and i don't like tim mccarvers voice. I like voices like Jon Miller and Jon Rooney, hell, i would love to have bob costas announcing these games. I've always been a fan.

Can't stand "announcer voice guys" either. Can't tell any of them apart.

I've been listening to Miller on ESPN radio, and he has a real problem with play by play. He misses 2 or 3 pitches per at bat telling stories. He'll say, "Here's Konerko." Then it's on to some story about Konerko. Then all of a sudden he'll say, "3-1 count." I mean, I know calling a ball isn't as exciting as learning about PK's shaving habits, but some of us are interested in the game, too. Paint me a picture, Big Guy.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)
Can't stand "announcer voice guys" either.  Can't tell any of them apart. 

I've been listening to Miller on ESPN radio, and he has a real problem with play by play.  He misses 2 or 3 pitches per at bat telling stories.  He'll say, "Here's Konerko."  Then it's on to some story about Konerko.  Then all of a sudden he'll say, "3-1 count."  I mean, I know calling a ball isn't as exciting as learning about PK's shaving habits, but some of us are interested in the game, too.  Paint me a picture, Big Guy.

interesting, perhaps he should stick with tv where its not that important for things like that. TV is where i like him.

We live in f***ing CHicago. Quit acting like we are the doormat of the world. This is the third largest market in the US. How do you think people in Minnesota or Cleveland feel about media coverage. You guys b**** and moan about East Coast Bias but neglect to realize that Chicago gets a lot of national coverage in sports. A lot of you guys are as annoying as Red Sox and Cubs fans. We go up 2-0 in a World Series and all you can do is nitpick and piss and moan about s*** that doesn't even matter. Its downright sad.

These announcers are like that little thorn you get in your socks...annoying as s***...but meaningless in the grad scheme of things.

The McCarver comment after Pods homer was about the same as Graffanino's error and Berman's "Oooooooooh Nooooooooooo...."

Just keep winnin baby!!!...that's the only way to shut 'em up!