For those who weren't able to get tix...

GasHeGone

I came home for Georgetown University in Washington DC to watch Game 1...on TV. I have a lot of friends who have ridiculous seats on account of them being season ticket holders.

I was kinda hoping someone might step it up and take me considering I came all the way home for the game, but I realized that these tickets were just too hot to be giving away.

Anyways, I ended up watching the game at Morgan's on Roosevelt and Halsted and the place was absolutely electric. Jam packed...people banging cow bells, we were banging on the walls chanting anything from "BERNIE! BERNIE! BERNIE!" for Bernie Mac...to "SCOTTY! SCOTTY! SCOTTY!"...to "PAULIE! PAULIE! PAULIE!"...to The "Let's Go Go-Go White Sox" song.

I felt like I was at the game and I felt a lot less sorry for my ticketless self. Any other stories of ticketless folks making the best of it?

I like to tell myself that there are bigger tragedies in the world than me not being at a baseball game.

Go Sox.

QUOTE(GasHeGone @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
I came home for Georgetown University in Washington DC to watch Game 1...on TV.  I have a lot of friends who have ridiculous seats on account of them being season ticket holders. 

I was kinda hoping someone might step it up and take me considering I came all the way home for the game, but I realized that these tickets were just too hot to be giving away.

Anyways, I ended up watching the game at Morgan's on Roosevelt and Halsted and the place was absolutely electric.  Jam packed...people banging cow bells, we were banging on the walls chanting anything from "BERNIE! BERNIE! BERNIE!" for Bernie Mac...to "SCOTTY! SCOTTY! SCOTTY!"...to "PAULIE! PAULIE! PAULIE!"...to The "Let's Go Go-Go White Sox" song.

I felt like I was at the game and I felt a lot less sorry for my ticketless self.  Any other stories of ticketless folks making the best of it?

I like to tell myself that there are bigger tragedies in the world than me not being at a baseball game.

Go Sox.

Don't fret about it. As long as you are surrounded by Sox fans and having a great time you are in the middle of White Sox World Series Fever!! Enjoy it!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
Is this the thread where I talk about how awesome it was to be at both games this weekend?

Rock, it was pretty awesome. I've never hugged more men in my life. Absolutely gross. and the picture of me with the Sox World Series banner in the background....awesome.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
Rock, it was pretty awesome.  I've never hugged more men in my life.  Absolutely gross.  and the picture of me with the Sox World Series banner in the background....awesome.

I was in a bear hug last night with three strangers that wieghed a combined 1000 pounds and I couldn't have been happier. :P

QUOTE(shakes @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
I was in a bear hug last night with three strangers that wieghed a combined 1000 pounds and I couldn't have been happier.  :P

I sat next to the same guy that I sat next to in the ALDS. He is a total stranger, but we have had some close encounters with Crede's walk off and Pods as well. The thing is, this guy is a freakin goliath. Im not a small man, standing about 6' 1", but this guy must be 6'8" and 270 lbs. He takes up the whole seat, and I basically just lean against him during the game. So Konerko hits the grand slam and I high-five my buddy to the left, then turn to the right to give this guy a five, and he picks me up, over his head!!! Pretty much pressed me straight up over his head! Unreal.....

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
I sat next to the same guy that I sat next to in the ALDS.  He is a total stranger, but we have had some close encounters with Crede's walk off and Pods as well. The thing is, this guy is a freakin goliath.  Im not a small man, standing about 6' 1", but this guy must be 6'8" and 270 lbs.  He takes up the whole seat, and I basically just lean against him during the game.  So Konerko hits the grand slam and I high-five my buddy to the left, then turn to the right to give this guy a five, and he picks me up, over his head!!!  Pretty much pressed me straight up over his head!  Unreal.....

Glad to hear your girlfriend got to go to the game afterall :P

Well, last night I was home watching the game with my Shiner Light...but Saturday...I was on Sixth Street, surrounded by Astros fans (and a couple of Cubs fans...hey, I'll take any help I can get) and cheering as loud as I could everytime something good happened!!! And when Jenks made that last out...I think they heard me on the street, cuz no one else was cheering, that's for sure.

I wish I could be in the Chi...but I'm there in spirit.