Ozzie STILL might not come back

mr_genius

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
If the Sox go back to being an annual runner up, then Ozzie is ripped into for being a bad manager.

He goes out now...he never EVER has to deal with that.

Not by me at least... if we win the WS ill always be behind Ozzie... even if I question some in-game moves ill always stand behind him.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
Oz made the statement during the depths of that August/Sept freefall, but then didn't discount it when interviewed on the Score the day after game 1.  If he goes, how about Cooper for manager?

SFF

Sorry, Ozzie repeated his "threat" just the other morning with Mike North. I think it's typical Guillen b.s. He's got "Sox" in his blood. Even in FL his mind and heart were on this city.

Ozzie has been a great manager. Except for some of his bullpen "quirks," he is fantastic.

I will have to agree that this is BS. when he originally said it it was in the "choke" portion of the season. He was complaining about getting booed by fans. But the reason for the booing was he was brining in Marte.....I will respect him if he retires, but Ozzie will be DA MANAGER if he brings the trophy to Chicago

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 04:28 AM)
Just a couple of days ago, Ozzie was talking about how the Chicago media "turned" on Dusty Baker.  He said he knows it will happen to him someday as well.  That might be why he's thinking about riding off into the sunset.

Kenny Williams made a similar observation. I count that as mature thinking. Gloria fugit

But the thing is, that's the way it is with everything in life. Hell, if Ozzie rode off into the "Golf Sunset" (which I don't believe for a minute is in his blood), there would be those who would comment, exploit, criticize.

Michael Jordan can tell ya' all about that one. :huh: