Biggest homer in Chicago history?

fathom

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
:lolhitting

Podsednik's homer was pretty huge I guess.  They took his bat so it could be placed in the Hall of Fame.  I guess there aren't too many walkoff homers in the World Series.

Kong's GS was 18th Slam in WS history

Scotty Po's walk off was the 14th in WS history......

that being said I still dont know how to judge which was bigger.....

but Scotty's is going to be remember for a lot longer (not by Sox fans of course)

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
A%20Hopping%20Sammy%20Sosa%20after%20hit

Whats with Sammy? :chair

Id have to say Konerkos was bigger, Pods just happened to be the ninth, but Konerko won the game and gave us the momentum. If Jenks didnt give up two in the ninth i think konerkos is the biggest south side homer ever. Cluth. not to take anything away from pods though (because his was also very unlikely)

:gosox3:

I think Pods' is the biggest in Chicago history. After all this is the big show, the Series.

His won the game; Paulie's was awesome, too.

Just saw this online, thought you might be interested.

Surprised Pods wouldn't want to keep using the bat, then send it to the Hall later.

But no biggie I guess if he's not superstitious.

I'd keep the bat a while, but that's just me:

IMMORTALIZED BAT: The bat Scott Podsednik used to end Game 2 of the World Series is headed to the Hall of Fame.

The White Sox left fielder’s line-drive homer to right in the bottom of the ninth lifted Chicago to a 7-6 victory on Sunday night.

The Hall of Fame requested the bat and on Monday, White Sox officials were preparing to send it to Cooperstown.

“I can’t put it into words. It’s really an honor, no doubt,” said Podsednik, who hadn’t homered in 507 regular-season at-bats.

Podsednik’s blast was just the 14th game-ending homer in World Series history.

“It’s a moment in time that can never be duplicated,” said Hall of Fame spokesman Brad Horn. “That bat will always be historic.”

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said the bat gave the franchise some much-needed recognition in baseball’s shrine.

“It’s great for the White Sox organization. It’s something we need,” Guillen said. “We hardly have anything in the Hall of Fame. Hopefully, he can hit another one and then we could have two.”

And in the moronic tough guy, department ...

TOUGH TOWN: Astros second baseman Craig Biggio played down an altercation between his wife, Patty, and a rowdy fan at U.S. Cellular Field on Sunday night.

“It was one guy who acted like a 12-year-old, who slapped her upside the head,” said Biggio. “I’m not going to sit here and hold all the Chicago fans accountable for this for one guy who was acting like an idiot.”

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said Monday he was going to personally apologize to Biggio on Tuesday.

“I know the security in Chicago is doing a great job and when something happens so quickly, you can’t blame anybody,” Guillen said. “And the guy that did it, he should be brought to Biggio and he’s the one who can hopefully get him back.

“I told the police, ’Don’t put him in jail, bring him to me in the dugout,”’ Guillen said. “Hopefully, that won’t happen again.”

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
And in the moronic tough guy, department ...

Ugh, why the f*** do people in our ballpark keep doing this? We're in the f***ing world series, and some dumb f***ing jackass has to go and make us look like idiotic hicks. That son of a b****. Someone put him in a room for like 20 minutes with a bat and big Frank and let's see how things end up.