Best Movie Ever.......

MurcieOne

Conversation was some kind of film, American superior response to Blow-Up...I highly respect Hackman, Duvall in anything they are in. Besides Williams and Ford, it also had the underrated John Gazalle (Meryl Streep's first husband), the only actor in history to have appreared exclusively in Best Picture nominated films (Godfather I/II, Conversation, Deer Hunter and the great Dog Day Afternoon). He died very young.

Wild One? Great jazz notwithstanding...well, look at my moniker, lol.

You have great taste, SI.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Requiem for a dream is a great movie too.... Donnie Darko isnt too bad...

Matrix reloaded kinda sucked. The action gets cheezy after a while... and it was so obviously CG that it lost some of its fun... Especially the smith vs neo scene... you can see soooooo many gliches in there... But thats prolly just my constant harping on hollywood for its lack of "attention to detail"

Darin Aranofsky is a great director... i feel he may join the ranks of Kubrick et al.... if hes given a chance that is... he seems to have issues....

Requiem for a dream is a great movie too.... Donnie Darko isnt too bad...

Matrix reloaded kinda sucked. The action gets cheezy after a while... and it was so obviously CG that it lost some of its fun... Especially the smith vs neo scene... you can see soooooo many gliches in there...  But thats prolly just my constant harping on hollywood for its lack of "attention to detail"

Darin Aranofsky is a great director... i feel he may join the ranks of Kubrick et al.... if hes given a chance that is... he seems to have issues....

Darren Aaronofsky is pretty good. Pi is such a damn good movie.

Although, Harold and Maude is one of my favorites. Brando, have you seen it?

I don't know about the best of all time...but I've seen hands down the worst "serious" movies of all time recently...I raise you "Salo" and "In the Realm of the Senses".Both were made in mid-70's and are unwatchable.

The worst part is that they are both rated R in some rentals and kids can easily grab them off the shelve. Sure way to get f***ed up for life.

I don't know about the best of all time...but I've seen hands down the worst "serious" movies of all time recently...I raise you  "Salo" and "In the Realm of the Senses".Both were made in mid-70's and are unwatchable. 

The worst part is that they are both rated R in some rentals and kids can easily grab them off the shelve.  Sure way to get f***ed up for life.

The Unbearable Lightness of Being was the worst "good" piece of cinema I ever saw - and My Beautiful Laundrette one of the most under rated.

The Unbearable Lightness of Being was the worst "good" piece of cinema I ever saw - 

Yeah, it didn't exactly do justice the Kundera's masterpiece, but literary translation are always tricky business, and I think the movie had it's share re-edeeming qualities, especially the international trio of very strong actors, Overall so-so, but I'd rate it way above the typical "serious" H-wood hack jobs hiding under culture/history veneer. (see: Beloved, Immortal, etc)

That said, there is no possible way ULoB even compares to the two vile, disgustingly pretentious movies I mentioned above, the have NO reediming qualities whatsoever. None. Do not ever let your children watch it. EVER.

I thought you'd catch the I am Curious (Yellow)-type controversy justly surrounded them as they came out during your heyday.

I'm still in my heydey... ;)

I will not disagree with you at all on your trashing of those two movies because I haven;t seen them but have nothing good about them from any source that I respect.

Did you see Igby Goes Down? As much as that is a flawed movie, I loved what it was trying to do. I also thought The Good Girl was a nice piece of film making - nothing serious, nothing heavy, but well done along the lines of You Can Count on Me.

Titus was a noble attempt too... didn't achieve its goals, but it was a great shot at going for something more than Hollywood usually gives. But lately I have been enjoying Mexican films, specificly Y Tu Mama Tambien and The Criime of Padre Amaro.

I saw the Martix reloaded and altho I liked it, it was incomplete. Ill have to wait til the third one comes out, but I dont know if I can wait that long! The fighting scenes were pretty good tho. And that stupid Frenchmans wife was hot! And horny little lady as well. Any scene with her was my favorite scene... :D

I'm still in my heydey...  ;)

I will not disagree with you at all on your trashing of those two movies because I haven;t seen them but have nothing good about them from any source that I respect.

Did you see Igby Goes Down?  As much as that is a flawed movie, I loved what it was trying to do.  I also thought The Good Girl was a nice piece of film making - nothing serious, nothing heavy, but well done along the lines of You Can Count on Me.

Titus was a noble attempt too... didn't achieve its goals, but it was a great shot at going for something more than Hollywood usually gives.  But lately I have been enjoying Mexican films, specificly Y Tu Mama Tambien and The Criime of Padre Amaro.

Igby Goes Down was a good movie, enjoyed it alot... I wasn 't as impressed with The Good Girl..was just o.k.