*OFFICIAL* Bitch about the media thread

wilmot825

When Konerko hit that grand slam, neither Buck OR McCarver said anything for the next 5 minutes at ALL, even afterwards when Carl had hit a single. LMAO. I don't mind listening to Buck or McCarver, but they are obviously not exactly rooting for the Sox. And McCarver sometimes just goes ON AND ON about things.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kevin57 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
I heard him minimize and footnote the Sox victory last night too.  Sickening.  :puke

You know, when Dye misses a fly ball, when there are questionable calls our way, NONE of the Talking Heads take that into account.  Only the Sox "get all the breaks."  :puke

I heard one of the a**holes on ESPN this afternoon predicting that the Astros could "well" sweep in Houston.  His main argument?  Houston's awesome record at home.  Okay, legit to say...but nowhere in this ten minute "analysis" was the counterpoint about the Sox road record.  Sickening.  :puke

Amen.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
When Konerko hit that grand slam, neither Buck OR McCarver said anything for the next 5 minutes at ALL, even afterwards when Carl had hit a single. LMAO. I don't mind listening to Buck or McCarver, but they are obviously not exactly rooting for the Sox. And McCarver sometimes just goes ON AND ON about things.

FWIW, the night before the WS began, Buck said on the radio that when a big moment happened for the home team, he was just going to be quiet and let the crowd speak for itself.

Last night on Baseball Tonight Reynolds and Kruk were both defending, yes defending, the Sox. They were saying that, at full speed, it was hard to tell if it hit Dye or his bat. I know, when I saw it originally, I thought it hit him. And with all the noise, I'm sure it's hard to tell the difference between wood and bone.

Also, they were saying something along the lines of...sometimes you get the breaks, sometimes you make the breaks. Reynolds was saying this. Part of the fun of baseball is that you have the opportunity to be creative. AJ running to first is one of those things. The play in the NLCS when Adam Everett put the phantom tag on Molina at 2nd and was called out. And when you get those breaks, you take advantage of them. The Sox are, the Astros are not. Qualls didn't mean to groove that pitch to Konerko, but he did. And Konerko didn't miss it. Boy, did he not miss it. That's the mark of a good team. You get the break and you take advantage.

So, it was not exactly a compliment to the Sox from the BT crew, but they aren't putting any asterisks by these first two games. Well, maybe Gammons is.

Some of these people reporting from the White House are not Bush fans! Why the f*** are they writing about Bush if they aren't fans? They rip on him. Then when he does do something nice, the bandwagon jumpers appear and all of a sudden they are fans. :headshake

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 09:18 AM)
FWIW, the night before the WS began, Buck said on the radio that when a big moment happened for the home team, he was just going to be quiet and let the crowd speak for itself.

And I think that's a great idea, IMO. But he's call of Pods dinger was less than enthusiastic - a walk off home run in the world freakin' series?? He should listen to some of his dad's old calls.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
Some of these people reporting from the White House are not Bush fans! Why the f*** are they writing about Bush if they aren't fans? They rip on him. Then when he does do something nice, the bandwagon jumpers appear and all of a sudden they are fans.  :headshake

i love bush

bush is awsome, bush is great

in bush we trust

in bush we hold our hearts

with bush in office nothing can be too grim

hold on, while i slap myself.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
Hey Kalapse, maybe you have already explained this and I missed it but why do you have the "Joe, Row and Po" signature with pics of Crede, Rowand, and AJ (instead of Scott Pod?)

Joe Crede, Aaron Rowand and AJ Pierzynski are the 3 stooges. As named by either Don Cooper or more likely Greg Walker, there are conflicting reports.

Joe Crede = Joe

Aaron Rowand = Row

AJ Pierzynski = Po (Polish)

Although this isn't exactly a media comment, I'll place it here anyways. I consider this a microcosm of how most baseball players, and the general media, regard our fanbase.

Eric Byrnes was featured on ESPN News several minutes ago to discuss this World Series. Nothing unusual was uttered during the normal segments debating Oswalt's dominance, the roof controversy, and their 2-0 deficit. It was the following segment on the fan violence which irritated me.

Byrnes said, and I'm paraphrasing, "Their fanbase is the absolute worst. When shagging outfield balls, I hear more profanity there than anywhere else. It seems to be the mindset of their fans."

Now, I know many of you are thinking the usual, "WHO CARES?!", "WE'RE IN THE WORLD SERIES," but this aggrivates me. More than Byrnes comments, it's the unneccessary commotion this fan incident causes. We're giving people more of an opportunity to rip our team.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Its not the media's fault, its our bad apples fault. We have had a few more of them than others for some reason. I really don't know why this crap keeps happening. Theres really nothing that we can do besides not egg them on when they are doing things like getting themselves thrown out ot he UD for drunkeness (I've seen thousands cheer people for this).

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:06 AM)
Another f***ing bulls*** Mariotti article

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay26.html

I didn't actually read it yet, but I'm certain it is and I want to be the first to say it. It is a race isn't it?  :lolhitting

Since Blum, our only trade pick up during the season, stepped up in the largest game of the year, now Mariotti has gotta retract the s***-talking he did against KW....somehow Kenny knew everything man, even the previously-s*** utility guy we settled for at the trade deadline has played large in this 2005 championship season.

Actually, im curious about this Mariotti quote

a Houston baseball writer wheeled around in his seat and confronted two Sox public-relations officials, telling them, "This is a working press box. This isn't a party.''

Anyone pick up on this in any other publications? I wonder who these guys were?