Anybody admitting to listening to Journey???

Kid Gleason

So tell the truth, am I the only "non-Journey" fan actually listening to them as of late. I'm sitting here listening to the Escape album as I type this. Yesterday I was just listening to "Don't Stop Believing", but today I decided to step into the whole dang album. By the time "Open Arms" rolls around, I'm pretty done. But there are a few good songs on it. I will say this, if the team is listening to the actual album and not some "single" version of it, I sure hope they atleast let "Stone In Love" play out, as I had forgotten how great that one song by them really is.

So, any of you other people want to admit to this strange way of "pulling for the team". Come on...show me you have guts!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic example of an extremely talented guy who made crap music. Perry had/has an amazing voice, could have been an opera singer, instead he made 'Oh Sherry".

"The wheel in the sky" and the "loving, touching squeezing" song (if that's what they're called) are the only things I can even stomach by them.

So, um NO.

I like that "Dont stop believing" song. It reminds me of that Family Guy episode. And I never really liked AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" until this year. And i'm sure you all know why ;) Songs tend to grow on people for certain reasons. Its usually because it reminds them of awesome times! So don't feel ashaimed of liking Journey, if they make you happy- go with it! And GO SOX!

GO get em Jon G!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
Classic example of an extremely talented guy who made crap music.  Perry had/has an amazing voice, could have been an opera singer, instead he made 'Oh Sherry".

"The wheel in the sky" and the "loving, touching squeezing" song (if that's what they're called) are the only things I can even stomach by them.

So, um NO.

Journey was one of the many good operatic metal bands of the late 70's early 80's...included in that list (at least who I think should be included), Styx and Rush. Neal Schon is considered one of the better guitar players of his time and Perry's voice was awesome.

I think you need to see a band live before you truly make a decision one way or the other cuz that's when the true colors come out. Journey rox. Plus, I had my first meaningful kiss during Open Arms, so I have a soft spot in my heart for Journey.

And...Don't Stop Believin'.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
I bought the Greatest Hits CD way back in 1992 or 1993. :ph34r:

My first daughter was conceived with "Faithfully" and "Open Arms" on repeat playing in the background.  ;)

I'm sure all around 1986 many kids were conceived to those songs!!! :D

I agree with nothing to be ashamed with on this topic, really. To me, food, movies, books, whatever, are all subjects of "taste" and you can't help what you like.

I'm not a Journey fan, but they have their songs. They are one of those bands I find interesting to look at through time though. Now days, the media and people are rolling their eyes about the Sox listening to them. Back when Escape was released, it was considered one of the best albums of the year and was a HUGE seller. Back then, Journey was respected for being amazing musicians. Now, they are an embarrasment. It sad really.

Hate to admit it, but "Stone In Love" is a very good song.

The rest of their entire catalog, however, is a giant steaming pile.

My sister loved them back in the early 80's, but her musical tastes were for s*** as well.

Culture Club, "Thriller", Bon Jovi....... :headshake :sleep :puke

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
I'm sure all around 1986 many kids were conceived to those songs!!!  :D

I agree with nothing to be ashamed with on this topic, really. To me, food, movies, books, whatever, are all subjects of "taste" and you can't help what you like.

I'm not a Journey fan, but they have their songs. They are one of those bands I find interesting to look at through time though. Now days, the media and people are rolling their eyes about the Sox listening to them. Back when Escape was released, it was considered one of the best albums of the year and was a HUGE seller. Back then, Journey was respected for being amazing musicians. Now, they are an embarrasment. It sad really.

Of course, it's all just personal taste, nothing is good or bad. You just either enjoy it, or you don't.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
My first daughter was conceived with "Faithfully" and "Open Arms" on repeat playing in the background.  ;)

Sounds like it was more than just arms that were open. . . :)

I keed. I keed.

My youngest was conceived in a hotel at Disney World. Which is why we think he's a little Goofy. :D

I bought the greatest hits CD back in 1991 after spring break. We went to Daytona Beach and for some reason everyone we ran into from other states loved journey. It became like our theme from spring break. I haven't listened to them in years though....

On a side note I saw a cover band ARRA and their lead singer sounded exactly like Steve Perry.

haha I found their website and they have mp3's on there..one of them is

"Don't Stop Believing"

ARRA

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
Ya know, people were saying they should have played at some point during the series. But I have a crisp $10 to bet that if the Sox win it all, we will see Perry perform at the celebration.

My mom and I were discussing the same thing. From a pure carrer perspective, preforming the national anthem could have been huge for Perry. What better way to get yourself back in the game than signing in front of millions upon millions of viewers in a national auidence. But, we were quick to remember Perry's post-breakup shut-in ways and quasi-hatred for the other members of Journey.

...just don't see it happening. Frankly, I was shocked to see him come out to Chicago for the WS, period.