Sox @ Houston - World Series Game 4

Heads22

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:07 PM)
Well, learn to adjust. They're major league hitters for a reason. And once again, this isn't Cy Young.

How can Garcia have a better AB than our last 5 hitters? Ridiculous.

Besides Pods and Dye, everyone else looks Awful tonite

Its real simple. This is a slider pitcher who is going away constantly to pwn our hitters.

If a few of our guys dump a few of these pitches into right, then maybe just maybe you will get a pitch in to pull.

Our hitters have not hit slider pitchers for most of the year. Rowand couldnt hit a slider if you told him it was coming.

Dye has had our best AB. He hit the first pitch into right center. At least he has a clue.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
That's what it looks like when somebody has a 93 mph fastball, and great slider that he can throw for strikes. He gets hit when he isn't locating. Unfortunately he's locating.

So I suppose from the AB's we've seen Backe should prepare himself for a 300 strikeout season and a potential Cy-Young.

This isn't Brad Lige. This isn't Roy Oswalt. IT"S f***ING BACKE. Pitchers such as him don't strike out five hitters in a row EVER.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
Well, learn to adjust. They're major league hitters for a reason. And once again, this isn't Cy Young.

How can Garcia have a better AB than our last 5 hitters? Ridiculous.

I agree bigtime. These guys need to learn to adjust. I mean, it's not like we've won 16 of the last 17 in the last 4 series.

In three of those series we faced 3 of the top 5 pitching staffs IN THE MAJOR f***ING LEAGUE.

But I agree. We need to light him up too, even if he's locating perfectly. Just no excuse for it really.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
I agree bigtime. These guys need to learn to adjust. I mean, it's not like we've won 16 of the last 17 in the last 4 series.

In three of those series we faced 3 of the top 5 pitching staffs IN THE MAJOR f***ING LEAGUE.

But I agree. We need to light him up too, even if he's locating perfectly. Just no excuse for it really.

Its a simple formula.

Most of the pitchers we have faced in the offseason have tried to challenge us.

Byrd who we had some problems with and now Backe have nibbled the outside corner.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)

What AJ and Rowand were swinging at to fan there was no excuse. Everyone else he threw good pitches to. At least Freddy is mowing them down, and judging by Backe's record he should be ready to start making some mistakes.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
Backe is a bum.  These are major league hitters and they should be hitting him harder than this.

We had our chances earlier, and now he is starting to locate. But we shoud still adjust nonetheless