Sox @ Houston - World Series Game 4

Heads22

Here's my thoughts on Backe. He's pitching a very good game, and he's found a great release point on his slider the last few innings. The Sox could do themselves a big favor if they just sit on that pitch the next few innings, and hope that he tries to sneak a fastball by and crush it. Our current approach of swinging for the fences isn't looking like it has a chance.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
Heres a forecast of the 6th inning for Backe:

slider slider slider slider slider slider...

Until the entire side has either K'd or they learn to adjust.

If i were him I'd throw nothing but slider's till they can hit em

We've now scored 5 or more runs in our last 6 games in the playoffs against the number 2 and number 5 pitching staffs in baseball this year.

You know how many times we've did that this season?

ONE TIME. And never 7 in a row.

We've played way over our offensive heads in the postseason. We were due for an off game. Especially against a pitcher who is located in an NL park.

Oh yah. And our offense sucks. Blah blah blah.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)

He whiffed Konerko, or Ko Ko as his former teammate Mike Piazza calls him, with a change.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)

How sad is it that a guy with less than 50 at-bats at the major league level is the only one to put a ball into play?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:13 PM)
What AJ and Rowand were swinging at to fan there was no excuse. Everyone else he threw good pitches to. At least Freddy is mowing them down, and judging by Backe's record he should be ready to start making some mistakes.

Pk had a couple VERY meaty pitches as well. They look tired if you ask me. But so do teh Astros. This one's going down to the wire

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
We've now scored 5 or more runs in our last 6 games in the playoffs against the number 2 and number 5 pitching staffs in baseball this year.

You know how many times we've did that this season?

ONE TIME. And never 7 in a row.

We've played way over our offensive heads in the postseason. We were due for an off game. Especially against a pitcher who is located in an NL park.

Its a slider pitcher, everyone should of saw this coming.

Oswalt is a fastball challenge guy. I knew we would get to him. Clemens is a fastball challenge guy. Another guy we cant hit.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
I hope Pods gets aggressive and tries to pull the ball again.  He's much more dangerous when he swings hard instead of trying to place the ball in LF.

And if he gets on first he needs to run right away. Ausmus couldn't throw out Minnie Minoso.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
Its a slider pitcher, everyone should of saw this coming.

Oswalt is a fastball challenge guy.  I knew we would get to him.  Clemens is a fastball challenge guy.  Another guy we cant hit.

I've seen this guy pitch a few times, and he threw alot more fastballs. He's got a good slider tonite, and were not hitting it