Sox @ Houston - World Series Game 4

Heads22

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
Rowand just put himself in territory to become famous for choking on the base paths.

HE'S ALREADY A CHOKER. HE'S HORRIBLE PLAIN AND SIMPLE. AND I'M SURE THE ASTROS WERE MORE AFRAID OF FREDDY GARCIA HITTING BACKE THAN THEY WERE URIBE. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS THIS GAME, SOMEONE NEEDS TO :fight AARON RIGHT IN THE MOUTH.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
Do you guys think Rowand would have scored if he kept going?  There's no excuse for that by Rowand.

I don't think he would have scored. It's not like he stopped; he just hesitated for a couple of steps.

Still inexcusable though.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
call me stupid but I don't think Rowand would have scored anyway. The ball rocketed right back to the o.f.

Agree. There is no thinking to it.

He had ZERO chance to score. The ball was already at the cut off when he was at third. If you give an extra 10 ft by running hard all the way and he still has ZERO chance.

hey fathom i'm not being critical, just curious. when did you get your game face on in the playoffs. you were saying at the start of the bosox series you were just happy to be in the playoffs and would not be critical at all. You were brutal on Oz last night. Again, just curious.