Sox @ Houston - World Series Game 4

Heads22

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
Yah. Juan can't hit that pitch. Just too good for him.

If you're a pitcher with a slider, why not just throw it every-single time against Uribe?

He's shown absolutely no ability to hit it. Or even recognize it. He just made his own weakness obvious to the world tonight.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
call me stupid but I don't think Rowand would have scored anyway. The ball rocketed right back to the o.f.

I agree, but he shouldn't have been deked. Maybe the lack of sleep has the concentration level low. I think a lot of these guys got no sleep at all, at least that was what was implied on the news this evening.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 02:57 AM)
LOL. He would have had no chance to score on that play.

If he's busting his ass all the way, he has a chance to score. I'm pretty sure Berkman's throw was off line to his cut-off man. You know Cora would have taken a chance.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
The last two sliders were definitely hittable.  If he even had the slightest clue about driving it to RF, he could have crushed that first slider.

The 2nd to last one was MEAT, and the last one he should have poked to right.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
THIS IS f***ING RIDICULOUS.

How did Uribe get to the big leagues without being able to hit a slider.

Jesus, this is becomming embarrassing now. This was our opportunity.

You wanna go ahead and direct that statement at the rest of the team. Backe has dominated all night, regardless of who it is.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 02:59 AM)
hey fathom i'm not being critical, just curious. when did you get your game face on in the playoffs. you were saying at the start of the bosox series you were just happy to be in the playoffs and would not be critical at all. You were brutal on Oz last night. Again, just curious.

For the Red Sox series, I was like the fat girl at the prom...just happy to be there. Once they advanced, it became a different situation.

QUOTE(Elcaballo45 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
You wanna go ahead and direct that statement at the rest of the team.  Backe has dominated all night, regardless of who it is.

Well, with Uribe in particular, you think he'd realize after the second slider that was all Backe would be offering.

Uribe made absolutely no effort to crowd the plate and have a better swing at the slider he's continually thrown low/away.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
LOL. You aren't serious are you. You really think he had a chance to score? Seriously? I mean, what game are you watching.

Is there another game on tonight?

You can almost feel the agression in our posts tonights. We need to pass that on to the Sox for the next 2 1/2 innings.