NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

they have a history you know

we played the brewers last year when garner was the manager and everett almost made garner his BEEE-OOOTCH!!

haha.gif

4 diffrent newst sorcers stated that garner was in the process of saying the following in this picture:

"we give up!!! we give up!!!!"

I was so calm the entire game. For some reason I knew this one would end up as a Sox win. I was humming don't worry be happy and offering no worries y'all to everyone. In fact, I was laughing as the Astros built a lead, knowing it would make the resulting come back that much more sweeter.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 04:58 AM)
I was so calm the entire game. For some reason I knew this one would end up as a Sox win. I was humming don't worry be happy and offering no worries y'all to everyone. In fact, I was laughing as the Astros built a lead, knowing it would make the resulting come back that much more sweeter.

I was convinced when I look at how we had only Marte left after Jenks that we were going to lose. I really was.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
I was convinced when I look at how we had only Marte left after Jenks that we were going to lose.  I really was.

Anyone on this board that says they didn't think doom when Marte came in is a big fat liar.

Wow, what a f***ing game!!!

This was a game that featured:

A "sure win" by the Astros ace pitcher. Not gonna happen.

A much-maligned Sox reliever putting in 1 2/3 of decent pitching. Props to you, Damaso :cheers :cheers

An ace starting pitcher coming off 1 day rest coming out of the bullpen for his 1st career save. Mark, you define a team player. :cheers :cheers

The 25th man on the team, hitting the GW HR off his former team. Geoff, your are my new hero. :notworthy :notworthy

Hey White Sox, you have a phone call. It's Destiny calling. :gosox1:

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
I gave Marte confidence actually in the game thread when he was first brought in.

I screamed "you can dooooo itttt" to the tv also.. but I can't lie, I did have my doubts.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
I screamed "you can dooooo itttt" to the tv also.. but I can't lie, I did have my doubts.

Especially when he walked a couple of guys. Its ridiculous how many walks our bullpen gave up last night, but somehow we got through it. When I saw Mark in the pen, I knew it was over.

Sorry if this is boring with the game approaching, but I haven't seen

a thread on Blum yet.

My gawd, what a hit!

I must confess I ripped him on here and everywhere pretty much since we acquired

him cause he had done nothing but make outs as our lead against Cleveland dipped.

Then he hits that liner over the fence in right to save our day?

Incredible.

What a team effort last night; just about everybody played and once again

Oz had the magic going.

What a victory!

KEEP IT ROLLING SOX!!