What are your Game 4 plans?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)
Going to home depot tomorrow and buying tarps to cover my apartment.  Then i'm going to the liquor store to get a bunch of champagne and ice. Then watching the game with SnB and illinilaw08 and maybe others and waiting to have the best celebration ever. Gotta go all out.

good call. I am jealous. a champagne spray would be very big league. I will be at the Pinch Penny Pub in Carbondale and I'm sure it will be packed

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 01:12 AM)
BTW, SC said that 18 of 21 teams have won game 4 while up 3-0. That's pretty amazing considering that you would think the clincher is on the road most of the time.

yea, a lot of teams probably feel really 'down' when the series is 0-3

pun intended

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 01:23 AM)
I'm going out somewhere.  No way I can be at home or at a friends house.  I have to have the freedom to be able to EXPLODE.

I know, I felt the need to be too reserved in my dorm room plus being so tired from the long game. I want to be able to do some regrettable things in public tomorrow!

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
Gonna be here in my apartment with the game on and connected to the Soxtalk chat to spend the evening with the crew. 

Oh yeah......plenty of booze and pizza on hand........

HELL YEAH!

Same here..watch the game at home with some friends....just nervous thinkin about it..A chance to win the world series :headbang

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 02:12 AM)
BTW, SC said that 18 of 21 teams have won game 4 while up 3-0. That's pretty amazing considering that you would think the clincher is on the road most of the time.

18 of 21 have won Game 4.

21 of 21 have won the World Series!

my first idea was going to chicago to celibrate, but i dont have the money for a good plane ticket

soooooo

i was then considering drinking around town, but there are only angel fans here, so i have since reconsidered

the final and conclusive decission is as follows:

watch the game at home

watch the sox win

strip naked, take a gallon of gas and drench my naked body

run down the middle of the street and light myself on fire while singing:

"na na na na... hey hey hey... good-bye"

anyone else can take my idea, its not copy writed...

disclamer: anything that happens as a result of reading this post is not my responcability. however, it is indeed the responcability of the moron who is retraded enough to act like me.

I have a friend coming in from Detroit, sort of a Sox fan convert (not bandwagon jumper, though. He and I went to ol' Comiskey a couple of times and he loved the atmosphere.)

I'd love to bring him to a tried and true Soxdom place and atmosphere. Any suggestions?

Just remember to be careful walking around or on the road. There will be some crazies out tomorrow win lose or draw. Some people are gonna drink like New Years no matter the score because they don't care about the game, just the booze (although it does help!). This will be the case even far outside the city

I have a good friend with a 65" hi-def flat screen TV and the most state of the art multi media room I've been in. He's a music orchestrator for features and a big Cubs fan. I generally only visit on Sundays to watch the Bears, but tomorrow night I'll be watching game 4 with a cubs fan. On his TV. Eating his food and drinking his drinks. With his wife serving me. It's only fair.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 02:34 AM)
I have a good friend with a 65" hi-def flat screen TV and the most state of the art multi media room I've been in. He's a music orchestrator for features and a big Cubs fan. I generally only visit on Sundays to watch the Bears, but tomorrow night I'll be watching game 4 with a cubs fan. On his TV. Eating his food and drinking his drinks. With his wife serving me. It's only fair.

That sounds appropriate to me. Enjoy! :cheers