Dare I say

sec159row2

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:05 AM)
In my opinion, I'm watching the best baseball team I have ever seen...  these white sox are better than any east coast team of the 90's... no superstars just a team..

the white sox reserves swept the cleveland indians to end the season...

and a reserve did pretty well last night...

Best White Sox team ever? Most definitely. But lets not get crazy now. This team isn't even close to being the best ever. All that matters is that we're the best in 2005.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)
well... that means with a win 2nite we would be tied with the 99 yanks for best winning pct in a playoff run  (with at least 11 wins)

But we'll have won 2 WS games on the same day. Clearly trumping them. ;)

The White Sox' 10-1 record thus far is a bit overinflated IMO

1) all of the teams they faced could not set their rotation

2) Colon was out for the CS, Rocket only lasted three innings, we didn't even face Schilling

3) All of the teams, overall, were among the weakest set of opponents an eventual recent WS winner would face in my opinion. None of these teams are the 2001 or 2003 Yankees, who would've taken us deep and probably beat this team in the CS.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 09:43 AM)

2) Colon was out for the CS, Rocket only lasted three innings, we didn't even face Schilling

3) All of the teams, overall, were among the weakest set of opponents an eventual recent WS winner would face in my opinion. None of these teams are the 2001 or 2003 Yankees, who would've taken us deep and probably beat this team in the CS.

:headshake

How much would colon really have helped with 4 complete games in a row?

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 09:43 AM)

Greg.. if I ever meet you, I'm going to kick you square in the ass. Just cause.. ;)

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)

1) too bad

2) get tougher players

3) gotta play who's in front of you, and the Red Cubs and Halos were no slouches.

4) good thing it's not 2001, when the Yanks lost to Arizona, or 2003 when they lost to Florida. Tough tough squad, indeed.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)

I don't think we are historically great but come on, thats just a bunch of bs. We faced who was in front of us and took them down

We roughed up Roger Clemens, who many have called the best pitcher of all time, we managed a win in a game that Andy Pettitte, who is one of the better post season pitchers ever, started, and we roughed up (and should have beat if not for a bad homerun call) Roy Oswalt, a guy who has won 20 the last two seasons. We're not exactly beating the little sisters of the poor here.

Yes, historically we're not one of the great teams, but I've seen weaker teams win titles.

Edited by ZoomSlowik