Unsung But Important

The Critic

I want to give LARGE kudos to AJ for working Oswalt last night.

He must've been responsible for 20 pitches' worth of Roy "Munson" Oswalt's pitch count.

Drew two walks, went deep in the count all the time.

One more reason why I REALLY appreciate that guy, and I want the Sox to try damn hard to lock him up long-term.

:headbang Anthony John :headbang

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:42 AM)
The radio this morning said AJ should get the MVP for the Series.

I say Crede, IF they win.....I still have to say that, until win #4 is in the books, but there are so many heroes they should award it to the entire team as a unit.

Oh wait, there's a DIFFERENT trophy for the entire team.

:headbang

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 12:39 AM)
I want to give LARGE kudos to AJ for working Oswalt last night.

He must've been responsible for 20 pitches' worth of Roy "Munson" Oswalt's pitch count.

Drew two walks, went deep in the count all the time.

One more reason why I REALLY appreciate that guy, and I want the Sox to try damn hard to lock him up long-term.

:headbang  Anthony John  :headbang

And the weird thing is, he's not really a patient hitter at all. He only had 23 walks during the whole regular season.

I think that's been a real big reason why we've scored a lot of runs, especially during this series. Our hitters are being a lot more patient at the plate, they're not swinging at the 1st pitch (well except for Konerko :lol:) and it's paying dividends.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 09:45 AM)
And the weird thing is, he's not really a patient hitter at all. He only had 23 walks during the whole regular season.

I think that's been a real big reason why we've scored a lot of runs, especially during this series. Our hitters are being a lot more patient at the plate, they're not swinging at the 1st pitch (well except for Konerko  :lol:) and it's paying dividends.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Hitters are being patient and pitchers are jumping on top of hitters 0-1. The two biggest keys to any winning team!

Holy crap! One to go! :gosox1:

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)
I say Crede, IF they win.....I still have to say that, until win #4 is in the books, but there are so many heroes they should award it to the entire team as a unit.

The reason for AJ was that there are sooo many MVP's on the team, that they had to find the person who did it with more than just a bat. AJ has done it with the bat at times, he handles the staff, and it's his attitude that they all have run with. He's the one the camera's are always going to for the "emotional" shot.

I think he gets it just for the way he handles a 3rd out strike out! BADASS!!!

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)
very true. AJ worked the count and drew two walks, that had to sting for oswalt. as usual, AJ is making his mark.

AJ has been great, being his pesky self last night. Remember how much we hated him when he was with the Twinkies. But he does look great in Silver and Black. He needs to stay for sure.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:43 AM)

Depending on game 4, right now I think it's Crede's. 2 home runs, consistent hitting, incredible defense.

Of course, give another save to #56 and I might change my mind.

I wouldn't argue with him being considered the MVP.

He is the father figure to the team, and even to us fans. He is the one I see guiding us all through uncharted and sometimes tense and scary waters of this postseason. I recall Sox relievers in critical situations with multiple runners on and no outs getting a key first strikeout and AJ is back there pumping his fist. At that moment, even while still in a critical hole, something was reassuring and calming at seeing AJ. Despite the situation, he is "in charge". I know that he has been there, knows how to handle the situation, and knows how to guide the pitchers to execute. Moreover, I feel that same leadership when he is cheering from the bench when the Sox hitters have come through with their clutch hits. I am also sure the clubhouse presence is no different. He isn't the greatest talent, but he is by far the best out there when it comes down to knowing how to win a game. That is where the value is.

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

i don't know who i'd choose...

but i think i'd choose pods

his stats haven' tbeen as sexy but he's gotten on base and if he hasn't we would at the very least not been as dominant in winning in the postseason and at the worst would not be in the show. And his walk off homer was sick as goobers. (i hate goobers)