Denny McClain's New Job

Wasn't Denny married to Luis Apparcico's daughter?

If I remember correctly, Denny married her and had a huge fight W/Apparico and they never spoke for like 15-20 years.

Denny was married to Lou Boudreau's daughter. Hall of Fame SS Boudreau who was a long time cub radio man was from the same South Suburban area (Harvey) as Denny. They have since divorced IIRC.

If I remember correctly, Denny married her and had a huge fight W/Apparico and they never spoke for like 15-20 years.

Denny was married to Lou Boudreau's daughter. Hall of Fame SS Boudreau who was a long time cub radio man was from the same South Suburban area (Harvey) as Denny. They have since divorced IIRC.

You beat me to the answer-

McLaain does not have an outrageos sense of humor, in response another post - what he is, is a criminal. He ripped off a lof of people and there are places in Michigan where he cannot go safely because of the embezzlement he did of people's money. He is nothing more than thieving criminal and granted he had some good pitching seasons but as a human being he is lower than scum. He had ever chance in the world and yet he embezzled again and again and again. He is the pure definition of a con man. And I don't feel the slightest but sorry for him. He got away with s*** for too long because he was "Denny McLain." I am surprised that he is on any type of work release now.

Boudreau's heart was broken by what a scum McLain was to others let alone his daugher and his grandchildren. He went out of his way to support his son in law until it became intolerable.

You beat me to the answer-

McLaain does not have an outrageos sense of humor, in response another post - what he is, is a criminal. He ripped off a lof of people and there are places in Michigan where he cannot go safely because of the embezzlement he did of people's money. He is nothing more than thieving criminal and granted he had some good pitching seasons but as a human being he is lower than scum. He had ever chance in the world and yet he embezzled again and again and again. He is the pure definition of a con man. And I don't feel the slightest but sorry for him. He got away with s*** for too long because he was "Denny McLain." I am surprised that he is on any type of work release now.

Boudreau's heart was broken by what a scum McLain was to others let alone his daugher and his grandchildren. He went out of his way to support his son in law until it became intolerable.

Everything you say about him is true, but I have to admit the times I saw him in person or interviewed he had me laughing. Because this is the internet I left out a couple of Denny McClain stories that would put him in a real bad light. A self destructive personality definitely.

Everything you say about him is true, but I have to admit the times I saw him in person or interviewed he had me laughing. Because this is the internet I left out a couple of Denny McClain stories that would put him in a real bad light. A self destructive personality definitely.

It was that charm that allowed him to rip off a bunch of people, go to jail, get out, and convince some companies that he was an ok guy so he could rip off all their pension funds and everything else.

I here that Richard Speck could be real amusing and Charles Keating was a stitch. It's called a "con job" for a reason. He left a bunch of working class people in the Thumb desititute, all their life savings gone, their pensions gone forever, the places they worked, bankrupt. He could work the charm - one of the best traits of a confidence man.

It was that charm that allowed him to rip off a bunch of people, go to jail, get out, and convince some companies that he was an ok guy so he could rip off all their pension funds and everything else.

I here that Richard Speck could be real amusing and Charles Keating was a stitch. It's called a "con job" for a reason. He left a bunch of working class people in the Thumb desititute, all their life savings gone, their pensions gone forever, the places they worked, bankrupt. He could work the charm - one of the best traits of a confidence man.

No argument here. By the way, didn't Keating get a reversal on appeal? I'm not sure, just asking.