Did you stay up?

Controlled Chaos

I think this is a pretty good indicator of the die-hards vs the casual. Of course there are circumstances for some that couldn't be helped, but for the most part if you were a die hard fan...it was just impossible to go to sleep last night without knowing. I would have stayed up all night if I had to.

On another note when Blum hit that homer instead of clapping loud, I was punching my hand in to my other hand, cause it wasn't as loud and I nailed my wedding ring with my knuckle.....yeah don't ever do that...it hurts real bad. :crying

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I fell asleep after the 10th and woke up in time for the 14th. I shouldn't have been up so late. I've been going to bed so late the few days before that I was nodding off when driving home - not good. After I go to Meijers tonight I am going to need a cup of coffee for the trip home. :blink:

QUOTE(BuehrleTheAce @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
I watched every single pitch. I didn't go to sleep until 2:30am (East Coast). Got up at 6:30 for work. Yea, I'm doing pretty good today!!

Yeah I only got about 3 1/2 hours, but this is the best I ever felt with less than 4 hours sleep.

Then again there was that one night with the revlon model... hmm :unsure:

This beats it!!!!!!!!!!!! :gosox2:

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 09:15 AM)
I think this is a pretty good indicator of the die-hards vs the casual.  Of course there are circumstances for some that couldn't be helped, but for the most part if you were a die hard fan...it was just impossible to go to sleep last night without knowing.  I would have stayed up all night if I had to.

On another note when Blum hit that homer instead of clapping loud, I was punching my hand in to my other hand, cause it wasn't as loud and I nailed my wedding ring with my knuckle.....yeah don't ever do that...it hurts real bad.  :crying

I missed the 1st 6 innings with school but after that I didn't miss a minute.

I was prepared to stay up all night long if needed........thats how much this means to me.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
Another real test for the die hard is who already plans to call off work tomorrow so they can stay out all night celebrating.

I already informed my boss that if they win it, the next day, whichever day that may be, I will not be coming in to work.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
Another real test for the die hard is who already plans to call off work tomorrow so they can stay out all night celebrating.

My boss already told me he cancelled a meeting I was to head tomorrow. ;)

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
My boss already told me he cancelled a meeting I was to head tomorrow.  ;)

Awesome. I may not sleep again until Thursday evening if I go to the airport and I am working on 4-5 hours sleep. I lost track. I feel like a college student again, but I have a support community.

Of course I was up the whole time...

We had double decker seating set up at my friends place...was pretty sweet that all of us stayed till the last out :headbang :headbang

Did kinda suck driving home though that late...but I'll happily do it all over again tonight!!

Of course I stayed up. Of course, when you're 2 hours behind the game time, it gets somewhat easier.

Still...I did take a moment to lie down on my ass and just breathe when Uribe caught that ball. What a marathon. In inning 5 I didn't feel like celebrating, because I just had a feeling it wasn't over.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
Of course I was up the whole time...

We had double decker seating set up at my friends place...was pretty sweet that all of us stayed till the last out  :headbang  :headbang

Did kinda suck driving home though that late...but I'll happily do it all over again tonight!!

My fingers hurt.. LOL. I had 11 conversations going. Jason kept me off the ledge.. :notworthy

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:16 AM)
I couldn't speak when Blum homered.. but when Crede's ball crept down the 3B line I did yell "fair ball, fair ball".. ya know.. in case they didn't know.  :lol:

I was just stunned when Blum turned on it. I was just yelling, get over, get over, get over and when it did I just pumped my fist. I was getting lower and lower on energy, lol.

Than when the Widge walked for the insurance run, well that was great. Gotta give it up to Damaso too, he pitched great. Marte Partay

i missed from the sixth inning until the eighth trying to get my daughter to go to bed.

other than that i watched every pitch. the game got done at 2:20 a.m. my time and i was up at 5:30 a.m. for work.

but it's the happiest tired i've ever been.

i will say that i really want a win tonight if for no other reason than i need the sleep thursday.