Controlled Chaos

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
Bryan told me to listen for some reason but I couldn't get the feed... anything stand out about the broadcast? Did he mention his crazy ass friend who kept telling him she was going to blow that joint up if we lost by a run...  :ph34r:

I didnt hear anything about that. But I only listened from about 2:00 to 2:40 because on the way home we were rocking out to O.A.R. So he might have said something earlier on, but I missed it... :huh

I stayed up for every bit of it and my heart was racing from about the 9th inning on. I only got about 2 hours of sleep so I am definitely dragging right now but it was well worth it. Thank God Blum hit that HR or they still might be playing and I still would have kept watching.

Did I stay up? Damn straight. Coffee is my best friend. :wub: I kept running to the DVR to see if it was still running.

I fell asleep near the end. And had the strangest dream that Geoff Blum hit the go-ahead HR and Mark Buehrle got a save.

Weird.

Stayed up until 2:30 am (in NY) and am dragging at work now. But I have to say it was much easier to get up in the morning at 6 am after a great win. I hope that loss last night completely demoralizes the Astros and we go onto a blow-out win today because I don't think my stomach can stand another nail biter and I certainly don't want to stay up until 2:30 glued to a set, I would much rather be glued to a bar stool celebrating.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
Ya, this isn't even a question.  I almost died a few times from a heart attack but I was wide awake throughout the whole game.

It ain't a question on this board....but there's tons of people here at work that have been donning sox gear the last couple weeks that said "oh I turned it off in the 10th,11th"..."I went to sleep at 12:00" "I couldn't keep my eyes open" Blah Blah Blah....I was like WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 05:31 PM)
Ya, this isn't even a question.  I almost died a few times from a heart attack but I was wide awake throughout the whole game.

It's simply phenomenal to think of all the twists and turns in the games last night. You and I, among with a few others, were in the thread throughout. I'm tired as hell today, but I've never been happier to stay up late!

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
It's simply phenomenal to think of all the twists and turns in the games last night.  You and I, among with a few others, were in the thread throughout.  I'm tired as hell today, but I've never been happier to stay up late!

Heh, I sort of drifted in and out of the thread. I wanted to concentrate everything on the TV, rather than posting in the thread after each pitch :P

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
I did and I am paying for it today.

But it was worth every second.

That was such a heart renching 5 1/2 hours.  If it went any longer I am not sure if I could have made it.  I was seriously having chest pains.

:gosox1:

I stayed up and was tired/pissed at the same time that Houston wasted our time.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
It's simply phenomenal to think of all the twists and turns in the games last night.  You and I, among with a few others, were in the thread throughout.  I'm tired as hell today, but I've never been happier to stay up late!

i was in and out, between the german homework and then just getting caught up in the game and the 12th inning nap...i had no ability to sustain that much typing