Controlled Chaos

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:51 AM)
My fingers hurt.. LOL. I had 11 conversations going. Jason kept me off the ledge..  :notworthy

That was such an awesome win. That had to be better than the Pods win, simply because in the 9th inning, despite sounding like I had confidence, I totally thought the game was over and Duque was gonna give up a run.

SnB and I were in the same spot in my apartment minus a few bathroom breaks and trips to my balcony to cool down. By the end of that game we were mentally and emotionally exhausted. SnB was even a bit delirious. I think at one point i told him that i could stay up for a week straight if that's how long the game went. It was unreal.

My next door neighbors must think we're absolutely crazy with all the screaming and yelling, especially after Blum's home run. I tackled SnB onto the futon by jumping on him, nearly broke him in half.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 07:54 AM)
SnB and I were in the same spot in my apartment minus a few bathroom breaks and trips to my balcony to cool down. By the end of that game we were mentally and emotionally exhausted. SnB was even a bit delirious. I think at one point i told him that i could stay up for a week straight if that's how long the game went. It was unreal.

My next door neighbors must think we're absolutely crazy with all the screaming and yelling, especially after Blum's home run. I tackled SnB onto the futon by jumping on him, nearly broke him in half.

All I got to say is I'm really starting to buy into what you told Steff during Sunday's game...(about god). :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
All I got to say is I'm really starting to buy into what you told Steff during Sunday's game...(about god).  :lol:

I have no idea what you're refering to, but...

Does that mean we get to hold more religious conversation tonight?? Bible Study at the UC?? :P

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
I have no idea what you're refering to, but...

Does that mean we get to hold more religious conversation tonight?? Bible Study at the UC??  :P

I told you this last night.. check the text.

I was still at the bar until the very end. Unbelievable. Even moreso was my wife, in a half-asleep stupor getting crabby with me for staying out so late, refusing to believe that the game went that long. It took her hearing it on the radio this morning to call me and apologize because she didn't believe me!!! So now I still have no voice, hungover as hell, and ready to roll in a few hours to get started for tonight!!

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
first it was my throat & now oh my freakin head & neck.

stay up?  i got on the postgame show from San Diego.  i cant get enough of this year.

i love anything to do with the Chicago White Sox!

YOU ARE WATCHING THE 2005 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX!

Ha..well then I definitely heard you call in, unless there was multiple callers from San Diego

You sounded kinda pillaged on the phone, now I know why :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
Ha..well then I definitely heard you call in, unless there was multiple callers from San Diego

You sounded kinda pillaged on the phone, now I know why  :lol:

Bryan told me to listen for some reason but I couldn't get the feed... anything stand out about the broadcast? Did he mention his crazy ass friend who kept telling him she was going to blow that joint up if we lost by a run... :ph34r:

I watched every pitch at Keegan's Pub on Western. It became somewhat of a "weird" crowd around 11 p.m. (what was that, the 4th Inning by then?). They usually have Bluegrass Music on Tues. nights there at that time, so guess what I mean by 'weird crowd'?

Anyway, I was determined to keep drinking and watching because I missed most of Game #2! Why? A friend--not a Chicagoan--but recently transferred here was in real "angst" about home, work, etc., etc., etc. :banghead He had better damn appreciate my giving up that game to comfort his sorry ass.

Maybe God was rewarding me. :P

i had a nervous breakdown some where in the bottom of the ninth, recovered in the 11th sometime. paced around the room like a maniac and than jumped around screaming at like 1:30 am and than couldnt fall asleep till like 2:30

it was so f***ing awesome.