Who's your World Series MVP?

sin city sox fan

Who would you vote for as World Series MVP?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for as World Series MVP?

• Jermaine Dye 4-12 1HR 2RBI
    • Joe Crede 4-13 2HR 3RBI
    • Paul Konerko 4-12 1HR 4RBI
    • Juan Uribe 4-12 0HR 2RBI
    • AJ Pierzynski 3-11 0HR 3RBI
    • Scott Podsednik 5-18 1HR 2RBI
    • Other (Please state your pick)

Obviously, things can change greatly depending upon what happens tonight. However, this series has been very indicitive of the season. We've won this as a team with no one particular player carrying the load. Therefore, I don't really see a clear cut MVP to this point.

With no starter going more than one game and relievers having limited duty (except Jenks who lost a save opportunity in game 2), I think it has to come down to a position player and many have similar stats.

I'd probably give a slight edge to Konerko at this point....but would ideally have this shared by multiple players if we could arrange a tie in the voting.

How's everyone else feel at this point?

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
It is not over yet buddy.  I still have reservation about getting too excited, even being up 3-0.  I will not even think about a world series until we have won the 4th game. 

I am still a nervous reck and I wish that I could enjoy this a little more.

Drink more! :cheers

I voted for Kong because he delivered the 1 of 3 clutch hits so far with the grand slam plus he has a calming influence it seems on the rest of the club. He is the leader. Joe Crede is close with the way he's hit and his stellar fielding.

I can't wait to stick a fork in Phil "Yosemite Sam" Garner or better yet, have Carl Everett take him out back for a serious whooping.

I realize the series is not over and there's still work to do.....thats why I prefaced the poll by saying that things could definitely change during the upcoming games.

My point was that there is no clear cut MVP thus far which is atypical of most World Series. This team wins as a team and that's what has made this series so special.

Would we be up 3-0 without Blum? Without Marte? Without Viz? Even some of the last guys on the roster have been pivotal in helping us win games and getting the job done.

Ozzie has done a great job all year of keeping egos in check, enabling these 25 guys to win as a team, and sacrificing individual stats for the good of the club.

After we put win #4 in the books, I'd like to cut the MVP trophy up into 25 parts and give a chunk to each player.....however, I doubt if MLB would approve of that proposal though so I was just curious how others feel to this point (and this poll wouldn't make since after an MVP is already named).

Go Sox!!!!! Lets get the job done tonight!!!!