Big Frank on the Score!

SSH2005

After hearing Frank's interview, if he's not here next yr, I would shed more tears for that than if the White Sox win tonight....Frank was very candid, saying he's been here through thick and thin and he admitted he was wrong for some of the things he said....He said he'll be the team's biggest cheerleader tonight (No argument there Hurt!) and should the Sox finish off the Astros tonight, I hope he's the first player that hoists the World Series trophy....Call me a wuss but the waterworks will be flowing if I see that picture tonight!

:gosox1:

Edited by Allsox

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
The Hurt deserves a World Series so bad.  It is just a shame that he could not contribute in the playoffs.  I think Frank will be crying like Jordan did once he get that trophy in his hands. 

OK I know we have to win first, but you know what I mean.

I cannot wait to see a picture of Frank holding that trophy.

Frank sounded like a different man from only a couple years ago. He was poking fun at himself, allowing B&B to make fun of him, and just laughing in general. If he acted like that his entire career he would be on the same level in chicago and Walter and Michael.

not that #500 would have anything to do with that as well.....

Maybe, but I still think that winning games and a possible World Series ring this year was more important to him than 500 homers. He even admitted that he was selfish and played for the wrong reasons in the past but not this year.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
Maybe, but I still think that winning games and a possible World Series ring this year was more important to him than 500 homers.

I think that the time he dropped by in Texas to kick a few asses when we weren't hitting, and the time he was waiting at the hotel in Cleveland right after the Detroit clincher (with additional champagne) proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Man I wish he was in that lineup. God I hope we keep him next year and he stays healthy. In 2004 at the start of the season he still looked good enough where 1 hot streak would have put him in MVP talk.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
That's a hell of an idea.  f*** it, we could have had him bat for Pods every time this season he had the bases loaded.

Hell, aside from game 2 of the W.S., I wouldn't have minded seeing him PH every single bloody time we had the bases loaded this season, I don't care who was up. Name for me a person in baseball not named Manny who is better at hitting the ball out of the park under those circumstances.