Rowand to get his job back....

Winning Ugly

...once he starts hitting in AAA:

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox.asp?...?intID=37756172

Stuck in the middle: After batting a sizzling .420 at Class AAA Charlotte, center fielder Willie Harris is still trying to get untracked with the White Sox.

Batting .138 since coming up from Charlotte on May 2, Harris was replaced by Armando Rios on Wednesday night.

"I think he'll be fine in center field,'' manager Jerry Manuel said of Harris. "We just have to give him some time. The key for us again is that the middle part of the order kind of carry that burden ... right now until guys like Willie and Joe Crede begin to add to it.''

Aaron Rowand was sent down to Charlotte with a .133 batting average, and he's hitting only .227 in the minors. Should he find his stroke, Manuel said Rowand's job as the Sox' starting center fielder will be waiting.

"When Rowand is swinging real well and they think he is ready to come back to the big leagues, he'll be a guy that will come back and we'll do what we can to get him in there,'' Manuel said.

Why can't we just TRADE for somebody DECENT instead of waiting for someone to get back on track???

Please AR is NOT the answer

If he could give us a .260+ average, that would be fine with me.

He got off to a very rough start in '03 (combo of injuries and not playing every day), but I think that if/when he gets back to the big leagues, he'll help this team not only offensively, but defensively as well.

He may not be THE answer, but if he can give us what I think he's capable of, he definitely won't hold us back as a team.

If he could give us a .260+ average, that would be fine with me. 

He got off to a very rough start in '03 (combo of injuries and not playing every day), but I think that if/when he gets back to the big leagues, he'll help this team not only offensively, but defensively as well.

He may not be THE answer, but if he can give us what I think he's capable of, he definitely won't hold us back as a team.

AR is NOT an everyday OF, he is a 4th at best, WH may not be the answer but AR sure as hell is not.

This is such a depressing topic because Aaron is such a hard worker. A very deserving guy who is in one of the worst "slumps" (if you can even call it that..) I've ever seen. I hope he does figure out the mechanics and shocks the hell out of us all!

This is such a depressing topic because Aaron is such a hard worker. A very deserving guy who is in one of the worst "slumps" (if you can even call it that..) I've ever seen. I hope he does figure out the mechanics and shocks the hell out of us all!

My thought on Aaron is that he's young, tries hard, and deserves the benefit of the doubt one more time. If, upon his return to the majors, is still hovering around the low .200's, then I think he's exhausted his chances. But, until then, we all need to root for AR -- he nearly died in the off-season -- I think he deserves a little more lee-way than some of you are giving him.

Don't hold your breath, I don't find it too likely right now that Rowand will be ready before Borchard or at the pace those two are going Reed may just step on past the two of them (Kind of sarcasticly, but the development of Borchard has been dissapointing to say the least).

I just believe that Rowand is simply not fully recovered from that accident. He did a real solid job for us after Lofton was traded last year. When he gets healthy, which may not be till next spring (see Frank Thomas for an example), he'll be back to the solid steady ballplayer he was as a regular in 2002.

Just want to chime in here, in total agreement

Guest hotsoxchick1
I just believe that Rowand is simply not fully recovered from that accident

watching him swing the bat at those home games he played in makes me think the same thing........he babied that arm too much and didnt fully extend when he was swinging.......hopefully he can work it out.. hes a good hard working kid who can do enough to help us out...........