Is There Any Way?

Sox1422

That the Sox could somehow get Preston Wilson to play center field?

That guy is putting up some sick numbers :headbang

Keep in mind he's playing in Coors Field -- Vinny Castilla got a huge contract after playing at Coors, and whatever sappy team gave it to him deserved to get ripped off.

That said, I think Preston has some talent. I don't know who you'd be willing to give up to get him though. Maybe if they would do it for Carlos Lee, but I wouldn't trade any pitching for him.

That the Sox could somehow get Preston Wilson to play center field?

That guy is putting up some sick numbers :headbang

Remember he does play in Colorodo though. Wislo is a good player, but I'd rather have Juan Pierre.

CWSOX45

CF is a problem on this team and AR coming back does not solve it.

This team is going to have "problems" at more than 1 position. Unless you are the Yankees, every team does. The trick is keeping those problems at a minimum and stressing your positive points. For the Sox, our positive points SHOULD be our offense and our bullpen. So far in '03, the bullpen has been about a C (getting better, though), and our offense has been about a C- or a D+. Our starting pitching is above average IMO, and I'd rate them at about a C+.

To sum it up, AR isn't going to make or break this team.

I like Preston Wilson a lot...he hits HRs and can steal some bases and has good defense, he Ks too much but a good hitting coach would fix that. He has all the tools and playing in the AL would be great for him.

I watch Wilson a lot, and he has been tremendous this year. He's got it all, and the Rockies love him. There is no way on God's Green Earth that the Rockies would trade him for Lee. The Rockies' biggest needs are pitching, either starters or bullpen, and shortstop. They have a couple of outfielders who could help us, but they would not part with Wilson or Payton.

I watch Wilson a lot, and he has been tremendous this year.  He's got it all, and the Rockies love him.  There is no way on God's Green Earth that the Rockies would trade him for Lee.  The Rockies' biggest needs are pitching, either starters or bullpen, and shortstop.  They have a couple of outfielders who could help us, but they would not part with Wilson or Payton.

I had a feeling Wilson was going to have a great season, that is why I have him in most of my fantasy leagues.

Payton is good CF:

2000 stats 17 HR, 62 rbis, 30 BB, 60 Ks, .291 AVG OPS 778

This year he is hiiting pretty well: 5 HR, 18 RBIs, 30 R, 2 SB, 11 W, 22 K, AVG .315, OBP .373, OPS .846.

And he plays very hard.

His problem is he gets often injured.

Payton is good CF:

2000  stats 17 HR, 62 rbis, 30 BB, 60 Ks, .291 AVG OPS 778

This year he is hiiting pretty well: 5 HR, 18 RBIs, 30 R, 2 SB, 11 W, 22 K, AVG .315, OBP .373, OPS .846.

And he plays very hard.

His problem is he gets often injured.

Guess youre right. But Id like to try Everett first. Hell be much cheaper...

Guest hotsoxchick1
Do you know where we can find one?

yeah look to the south for one... we have a minor league hitting coach whos dynomite......... :D

Guest hotsoxchick1

wow thanks i didnt even notice... and congrats to you too hon......... now thinking more on the hitting coach thing theres another one which comes to mind too.......how about gregg ritchie....

wow thanks i didnt even notice... and congrats to you too hon......... now thinking more on the hitting coach thing theres another one which comes to mind too.......how about gregg ritchie....

No question to me Harold Baines :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1
No question to me Harold Baines :headbang

hmmmmmm.........well i think harold would be best used in a different capacity..........but he may work for some of the guys as a hitting coach.......

hmmmmmm.........well i think harold would be best used in a different capacity..........but  he may work for some of the guys as a hitting coach.......

What capacity you have in mind, I just think Sox need him involved someway, somehow.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont know i always picture harold as an office type........dont figure him for being retired and gettin his hands dirty..........maybe he can take over gallas's spot in promotions......... :huh: hes got to come up with something better than these stupid ass commercials i see on now.........id rather go with the kids can play again........sheesh......... :rolleyes: