Parade

WISoxFan

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
That's what I get for listening to The Score! (ALWAYS behind in reporting news)

I bet it was on ESPN 1000 a half hour earlier, right?

Yeah, Carmen and Silvy had Brooks on, heard the reports straight from the horse's mouth.

QUOTE(sin city sox fan @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
Are we sure of a parade?  The homepage for the Score is only talking about a rally at Grant Park tomorrow?

http://www.670thescore.com/

Nevermind....it listed a rally just 5 minutes ago...now it talks of a parade down Lasalle?  I guess plans are still being worked out.

You really shouldn't count on the score, they're always behind.

Just to add onto what has been stated already. . . Brooks said that he had just got out of a meeting where they figured out all the particulars for tomorrow's parade with the city. He said that everything has been worked out but that he could only speak in broad terms because the City is going to put out statement with all the particulars.

So everything is set, we're just waiting for the city to tell us all the details.

This just came through to my office:

A planned Ticker Tape Parade is scheduled for tomorrow, Friday, 10/28, to celebrate the World Champion Chicago White Sox. The parade starts at 11:00 AM at the intersection of Jackson Boulevard and LaSalle Street. It will proceed north on LaSalle (that's us!) to Wacker Drive.

The City of Chicago has informed the Office of the Building that entry to buildings and service deliveries along the parade route will be limited.

If the city is alerting the buildings to it...you know it's goin down. Make your plans to be here. It's On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Controlled Chaos

Here is the email I got from my work

(The heads of all 285+ separate Chicago business groups have been blind copied on the following message from the 231 Building owner, American Financial Realty (AFR) ):

The City of Chicago has announced that a ticker tape parade to celebrate the White Sox's World Series win will be held tomorrow, Friday, October 28 at 12 noon. The parade will begin at the intersection of Jackson Boulevard and LaSalle Street, right outside this building, and will proceed north on LaSalle to Wacker Drive.

Beginning at approximately 11:00 a.m. tomorrow, service deliveries to buildings along the parade route will be limited. If anyone within the Bank has any deliveries scheduled between the time of 11 am - 2 pm, you should contact the vendors to re-schedule.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
Come out of Union Station and head east.  LaSalle is about 3-4 blocks down.

Any Advice on how to get to lasalle from the End of the Metra Electric line would be GREATLY appreciated.

Looking to head up for the parade!!! :gosox2:

QUOTE(Timmy179 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)
Any Advice on how to get to lasalle from the End of the Metra Electric line would be GREATLY appreciated.

Looking to head up for the parade!!!  :gosox2:

From the Randolph station head west. You'll run into LaSalle.

QUOTE(Timmy179 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 01:22 PM)

Looking to head up for the parade!!!  :gosox2:

From the Randolph station head west. You'll run into LaSalle.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/c...ack=1&cset=true

Sox victory parade set for Friday

By Gary Washburn

Tribune staff reporter

Published October 27, 2005, 2:23 PM CDT

Concerned that many White Sox players may not stick around the weekend for a proposed victory celebration next week, city officials this afternoon said they have moved up the celebration to midday Friday.

Mayor Richard Daley announced the latest plans at a news conference on an unrelated subject at Orr Community Academy High School. More details were to be disclosed at a news conference later this afternoon.

The celebration will begin sometime Friday morning at U.S. Cellular Field at 35th Street and Shields Avenue on the city's South Side, Daley said.

A motorcade carrying players, families and front-office staff of the White Sox will leave from the ballpark. It will wend its way through a number of neighborhoods, including Pilsen, Bridgeport and Chinatown, before ending up in front of the Board of Trade Building at LaSalle and Jackson Streets in the Loop.

There the motorcade will re-form as part of a parade that will head north on LaSalle to Wacker Drive and the Chicago River at the north end of downtown.

There, a victory rally will take place. The event is tentatively scheduled for 11:30 a.m. or noon.

City officials originally planned to hold the event Monday at the Petrillo Music Shell in Grant Park, but learned many Sox players were eager—now that they had wrapped up the World Series in a four-game sweep—to go home to their families.

So, it was uncertain how many Sox would still be around town Monday to take part in the festivities. Also, city crews needed to get Petrillo ready for the event and could not do so by Friday. So, it was moved to LaSalle and Wacker.

The intersection will be closed for the rally, and officials said they were preparing for crowds to extend south along LaSalle.

It was still being worked out early this afternoon exactly how many streets would be closed and what traffic measures would be put in place. Those and other details were to be announced at a City Hall news conference scheduled for this afternoon.

Copyright © 2005, Chicago Tribune

Edited by RudyLawRules

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
Can anyone tell me if WGN Superstation will be carrying the parade/rally?  (Anyone outside of Chicago know if the superstation broadcast the Bulls rallies?)

I remember all the local stations used to carry the Bulls rallies. I would imagine it would be no different with the Sox.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
I remember all the local stations used to carry the Bulls rallies.  I would imagine it would be no different with the Sox.

I don't get the local version of WGN, I get the superstation version. Sometimes they put different programming on each version. It's rare, but some local stuff doesn't get broadcast out.