Greatest catch in White Sox History

rangercal

Totaqlly. Juan secured it for us. That last play was pretty f***ing amazing, too. I thought for sre the guy was safe. But Juan charged like a bull, picked up the ball and flipped it to first in what seemed like the blink of an EYE, so quickly, and yet so precise. GAME, SET, AND MATCH! I LOVE YOU, URIBE! I LOVE AAAALLLL OF YOU!!!!!

He made three plays in the matter of two innings that probally no other shortstop makes with screwing up one or two of them. The palmiero play, vizcaino play, and the play in the stands. This goes to show ( furthermore) furcal would be a big waste of money and a big waste overall. But we don't have to worry about anything, he will not be coming here.

The question I'm still waiting to be answered would be: What's the rule about players being allowed to advance if Uribe would have ended up completely in the crowd? I can't recall if it's one or two bases. I remember Carlos Pena having that happen to him a few years ago vs the Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 05:52 PM)
The question I'm still waiting to be answered would be:  What's the rule about players being allowed to advance if Uribe would have ended up completely in the crowd?  I can't recall if it's one or two bases.  I remember Carlos Pena having that happen to him a few years ago vs the Sox.

I'd say 1 base, giving a baserunner 2 bases in that situation just seems excessive.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 08:08 PM)
He made three plays in the matter of two innings that probally no other shortstop makes with screwing up one or two of them. The palmiero play, vizcaino play, and the play in the stands. This goes to show ( furthermore) furcal would be a big waste of money and a big waste overall. But we don't have to worry about anything, he will not be coming here.

Well I think the idea behind Furcal was to bat leadoff or 2nd more so than the "defensive upgrade" but after Uribe's post-season especially the end I cant see us replacing him. Honestly if Frank can return and be healthy we should be fine and just keep most of the team besides Everett and Marte.

I think Brian Anderson should play all 3 OF spots to get some playing time and than sometimes Dye can play 1st/DH when either Frank or Paul needs a day off and all will be cool.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
The question I'm still waiting to be answered would be:  What's the rule about players being allowed to advance if Uribe would have ended up completely in the crowd?  I can't recall if it's one or two bases.  I remember Carlos Pena having that happen to him a few years ago vs the Sox.

I'm pretty sure its 2 bases. I think its the base you're going to plus one when the ball is pitched in that situation.