2006 Sox free agents

easyw

I have a sneaky feeling I'm going to have to add a certain line of text to my sig for the offseason, it seemed to do the trick earlier this year.

Joe Crede, AJ Pierzynski and Jon Garland are NOT Free Agents this offseason. It's called ARBITRATION people, look it up.

They better go to Paul and see what he's looking for right now. See if they can sign him before he hits the market. They can worry about clearing salary (if they must) later, but it would be quite a let down to lose him after the season/playoffs he had. I wasn't his biggest fan, but he's earned my respect.

Arbitration.. right, got it.. just too lazy TO TYPE IT IN LARGE ANNOYING BIG BOLD LETTERS!

the point being, who is NOT under contract.. who will be back, and who won't.

I knew about Thomas... no way they'll exercise his option.

AJ's option - player or club?

The only info I found on AJ said a 1-year contract. Isn't he too old for arbitration?

EDIT: He is a 7th year player and I think arbitration only applies to the first 6 years in MLB and only with your original club.

Edited by Wedge

QUOTE(easyw @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 02:20 PM)
Arbitration.. right, got it.. just too lazy TO TYPE IT IN LARGE ANNOYING BIG BOLD LETTERS!

the point being, who is NOT under contract.. who will be back, and who won't.

I knew about Thomas... no way they'll exercise his option.

AJ's option - player or club?

AJ does not have an option, his contract is up but he is arbitration eligible so he'll be on the team next year for sure.

I'm thinking 2 of Konerko, Thomas and Everett will not be back next year.

Konerko: Contract is up

Everett: $5M team option, $500K buyout

Thomas: $10M player, $12M Team, $3.5M buyout.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
The only info I found on AJ said a 1-year contract.  Isn't he too old for arbitration?

EDIT: He is a 7th year player and I think arbitration only applies to the first 6 years in MLB and only with your original club.

AJ is eligible for his 3rd year of arbitration this offseason.

I'm positive that he's protected.

I made an Excel spreadsheet for '06 player salaries. The ones I'm sure of I have entered already. I took some liberties assuming that Frank and Everett's contracts would be bought out. You can easily change that. As players get signed you can enter their salary and it will automatically total the '06 roster salary at the bottom. You can also enter guesses for salaries just to see where we might end up.

File at the following link: http://www.keepmyfile.com/download/f32eff134364

EDIT: El Duque's bonus is kind of weird and I was too lazy to calculate it exactly, but $5 mil is a good approximation. Plus, I never can figure out what we actually pay Contreras with the Yankees giving us money so I put $7 mil, which also should be a good approximation.

Edited by 3E8

QUOTE(3E8 @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
I made an Excel spreadsheet for '06 player salaries.  The ones I'm sure of I have entered already.  I took some liberties assuming that Frank and Everett's contracts would be bought out.  You can easily change that.  As players get signed you can enter their salary and it will automatically total the '06 roster salary at the bottom.  You can also enter guesses for salaries just to see where we might end up.

File at the following link:  http://www.keepmyfile.com/download/f32eff134364

I love you. I never had the patience for Excel, I usually just end up doing all the math in my head and it tends to stick, this should help.