Talk about leaving out pertinent information...

mmmmmbeeer

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
LMAO. Tadahito Iguchi.....Ozzie is gay...ahhh, the joys of being in the spotlight. BTW, am I the only one who thinks that kissing another famil member on the lips is weird?

If you were Venezuelan you wouldn't feel that way.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 12:25 AM)
Apparently. It's probably just my ethnic background. Do Americans do that?

No, but many Hispanic and Mediterranean cultures do.

I highly doubt you've lived in America for this long and don't know that normally American Fathers don't kiss their sons on the lips.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)

I highly doubt you've lived in America for this long and don't know that normally American Fathers don't kiss their sons on the lips.

It's not like I hang around with suburbian americans all the time to know. I was just curious. Never knew that. And as far as the Mediterranean part, that is not true. The custom is to give 2 or 3 kisses on the cheek. Trust me, I know, I'm from there.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
It's not like I hang around with suburbian americans all the time to know. I was just curious. Never knew that. And as far as the Mediterranean part, that is not true. The custom is to give 2 or 3 kisses on the cheek. Trust me, I know, I'm from there.

My family is from Calabria which is in Southern Italy, yes a peck on both cheek is customary but on momentus occasions a kiss on the lips is most definatley in order.

Edited by Kalapse

BTW, am I the only one who thinks that kissing another famil member on the lips is weird?

I don't think it's weird. When I've seen that, I think it's special a dad and son still do that even when they grow up. My dad barely gives a handshake, different generation. But I think it's cool when they kiss. Family is everything.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)

Wait a Minute Wait a Minute. I'm hispanic and never kissed my father on the lips. I saw that and said Ewwwwww :puke

QUOTE(JoshPR @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 01:19 AM)
Wait a Minute Wait a Minute. I'm hispanic and never kissed my father on the lips. I saw that and said Ewwwwww :puke

If your dad managed a team that hasn't won a World Series in 88 years, and you were by his side, would you kiss him?

Me, fully white and Caucasian...I'd kiss my dad on the lips in that scenario.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
I'm Latino and we only kiss our spouses or GFs on the lips.  I think when people kiss their children on the lips it's gross and innapropriate.

You're an AMERICANIZED Latino.

:bang

I'm just kidding... :)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)

Usually a hug is about as far as it goes with American fathers and sons. But European's and latino and other cultures don't feel that way. It all depends on the countries culture.