Speed

BrandoFan

Corey vs. Willie  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Corey vs. Willie

• Corey
    • Willie

Oh.. on the Cubs. I dunno either. But he's got to be faster than Willie.

He's NOT faster. I watch every Cubs game I can when Prior pitches for fantasy and fan reason (love that kid and saw him at USC). Harris will beat him by a decent margin.

NOW IF HE CAN ONLY GET ON BASE!!! LOL

He's NOT faster. I watch every Cubs game I can when Prior pitches for fantasy and fan reason (love that kid and saw him at USC). Harris will beat him by a decent margin.

NOW IF HE CAN ONLY GET ON BASE!!! LOL

Yikes!! OK, ok :ph34r:

Peace.. :usa :cheers

On speed alone...it's Willie Harris. He's gotta be top 10 in speed in the majors. He can flat out fly.

The poll should have been titled "Wheels"...Could you give me the top 10 in the game. I know Tom Goodwin and Ricky Henderson used to be fast...

Corey Patterson was made out to be like this Joey Galloway, track star-type...

Top 10....sheesh.

Excluding Harris for now....I'll try. I'd put Ichiro in there....Luis Castillo....not sure how fast Chone Figgins in Anaheim is, but I know he's fast. Rafeal Furcal is pretty damn fast too. Juan Pierre, Alex Sanchez in Milwaukee, Dave Roberts in LA, Womack in Zona, Soriano as well...and then I'd say it's a tossup between Carl Crawford in Tampa Bay and Jimmy Rollins in Philly.

You think Harris fits into those guys? I do.

Kind of sad though, IMO. Speed really is a lost art. I kind of wish I lived in the 80s....get to see guys like Rickey Henderson and Vince Coleman fly from first to second constantly. Then seeing Lofton in the 90s....man, that is fun baseball. Hitting homers is cool....but they are much cooler when they are like nails in the coffin. Kind of like Konerko's homer against the Cubs last year in that comeback when we were down 8-0 and he hit the homer to give us the lead. Those homers are the greatest. When you are up 3-1 with runners on first and second, and a guy hits like a 450 foot bomb....those kinds of homers kick ass.

Guest hotsoxchick1
So how bout it, boys and girls?

well obviously you did not ask the great bald one about this question before you posted.. im sure he would have choosen guys from another team all together... because had you asked him willie would not be in the poll.......we have no speed on this team.. didnt anyone tell ya that...... ;) :rolleyes: lol.............

now for an answer to your original question.. how come there is no miguel on that list??? i honestly think he can kick even willies butt in the 40........ :P