Rumor: AL Playoff OF tests positive for steroids

DonkeyKongerko

Guys, if Bud Selig new about this, they wouldn't have named Jermaine Dye the MVP. There wereo ther potential candidates he could have given it to.

I know someone else mentioned this, but I thought it deserved mention again. Therefor, I say it could be either Pods or Rowand, but not Dye. I still doubt its anyone on the Sox.

In fact, I'm going to go with Steve Finley accidentally taking a supplement.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
Guys, if Bud Selig new about this, they wouldn't have named Jermaine Dye the MVP.  There wereo ther potential candidates he could have given it to.

I know someone else mentioned this, but I thought it deserved mention again. Therefor, I say it could be either Pods or Rowand, but not Dye.  I still doubt its anyone on the Sox. 

In fact, I'm going to go with Steve Finley accidentally taking a supplement.

Agreed 100%. Last time a rumor like this came out, nothing came of. Not worth losing sleep over.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
Agreed 100%. Last time a rumor like this came out, nothing came of. Not worth losing sleep over.

This is a bit more than a rumor when Will Carroll confirms that he was involved in the appeals process. I just hope it was not a White Sox outfielder.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 10:54 AM)
This is a bit more than a rumor when Will Carroll confirms that he was involved in the appeals process.  I just hope it was not a White Sox outfielder.

I still say it can't be anyone on the Sox...because Frank Thomas would murder them.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
Alot of the previous players have been the Latin guys that accidentally took something or other along the line. I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if it was Vlad. Disappointed because he's one of my favorite players but not surprised.

How about Juan Rivera?

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
Alot of the previous players have been the Latin guys that accidentally took something or other along the line. I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if it was Vlad. Disappointed because he's one of my favorite players but not surprised.

I still don't buy this "Accidentally" took something or other along the line in virtually any case.

Every one of them it seems had a good reason to do it. Rincon suddenly found a better fastball 2 years ago. Palmeiro...well...yeah. Alex Sanchez was struggling to stay in the big leagues. And on and on and on.

Every one of them blames it on something they took accidentally. Well...at this point, they should know every single thing they're taking and they should at least check with the trainers first. If they don't do that, then if they did take something accidentally contaminated, they still have a recourse; they can sue the company that made the s***.

It's hard to do, but it has been done. If you know what you're taking, find out the company that makes it, and if its truly an accident, sue their asses. Even if they don't win, I'd at least be impressed that they're willing to go to the effort and expense of filing the lawsuit - they may still lose on a technicality, but at least they believed it enough to put their money where their mouth is. That's quite literally what it will take for me to believe something is an accident.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
Don't forget that the source said that we would care about this person, in terms of it being newsworthy and a big deal.

So its someone from Boston or New York.

I dont think Chicago has anything to worry about.

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
Perhaps, but even though the Sox are World Series Champs, I'm sure that if it were Sheffield or someone, it would get more news.

Not even close. Would not get half the publicity if it is a player from any other team than the white sox.

Yeah I would have named Rivera if not for the "someone people will care about" comment.

If it's Pods or Dye somehow, it will greatly taint our championship as they both had some pretty big hits in October. Rowand would be about the same but maybe to a slightly lesser degree.

I think a Vlad, Manny, Damon or Sheffield would get almost as much publicity because of the numbers they have put up recently. Watch now, it's gonna be Steve Finley or Bernie Williams.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)
If it's Pods or Dye somehow, it will greatly taint our championship as they both had some pretty big hits in October. Rowand would be about the same but maybe to a slightly lesser degree.

And that's why if it's one of those guys that are guilty, then their ass better not be back with the team next year.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
Well, if you spent a year trying to get it out of your system...we've seen it happen before where people just fall apart.

If anything, I think he might have been off the roids in the playoffs. He had a good year, but his postseason was really pretty bad. He had a great September, yet he looked lost in the post-season.

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
If anything, I think he might have been off the roids in the playoffs.  He had a good year, but his postseason was really pretty bad.  He had a great September, yet he looked lost in the post-season.

One thing that people accept as a benefit of steroids is more rapid recovery from injuries.

There were a lot of rumors out here in LA that Vlad might be playing hurt, or was otherwise physically incapacitated during the playoffs, and that was why his performance was so bad.

Just putting those out there...

Didn't Vlad have a shoulder injury? That's probably why he was lost in the post-season. The most likely out of the whole group is probably Sheffield, especially considering that he got stuff from Bonds (how quickly we all forget).

On the Sox, the most likely is probably Pods, purely going on how everyone was reacting during the parade and stuff. Rowand and Dye were too into everything to be guilty. Pods blew off an interview getting on the bus. That said, I really doubt Pods, but stranger things have happened, I guess you could say.

Man I just pray it's not a Sox player everyday.

I doubt they would give MVP to Dye if it was him.

Pods seemed f***ing excited, happy, etc. after the game.

Rowand seemed f***ing awesome today.

If you judge by how the players have acted I doubt it's one of our guys.

Don't you think they would be pretty down if they knew this was happening?