Rumor: AL Playoff OF tests positive for steroids

DonkeyKongerko

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, he really hit the four corners of hatred didn't he? I guess because he's a Yank its significant. Given the hoopla over Juan Rincon, I guess it is significant. I wanted Lawton because I though we needed some lefty thunder, a guy who walked, and another bat. Looks like another good non-move.

QUOTE(Felix @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
I believe it already was used, but I'm not 100% sure.

I 2x checked via this little site called google and it is! Awesome to chose Marky. I will have to hoard a few boxes and try to get Mark to sign one sometime. Probably my favorite choice if you are going to use just one player

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
wasn't it fathom too or someone else? Glad you guys can breathe easier now

I think most of us are relieved to know it's not a Sox player. And did Lawton start a game in the playoffs vs the Angels? If so, it would make perfect sense. Even though it seems pretty minor, he's still one of the top 2 or 3 players to get busted so far.

You have to wonder about the market for Lawton. He can hit. He walks a ton so saber-teams might have interest. That said, he can't field and he'd be a bit of a PR nightmare for a team signing him-not to mention he'd miss the first two weeks. I'm sure somebody like the Giants will sign him but I'd swallow hard if I were a fan of the team who signed him.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:49 AM)
Jeez, not even on a playoff roster. This is our "AL playoff outfielder"? What a let down. Can we still speculate just for fun?

Well, if it makes you feel any better, since Lawton didn't appeal this, there's still some talk that this isn't the player that was in question.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
Well, if it makes you feel any better, since Lawton didn't appeal this, there's still some talk that this isn't the player that was in question.

I just can't believe that the rumor would have been that close to true and it turns out to not have been it. I mean, the guy this whole thread was based on backtracked on his statements the next day, and then it turned out that an AL Outfielder with a playoff team (his words, I believe) was caught juicing. That's pretty damn close.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 01:55 AM)
I just can't believe that the rumor would have been that close to true and it turns out to not have been it.  I mean, the guy this whole thread was based on backtracked on his statements the next day, and then it turned out that an AL Outfielder with a playoff team (his words, I believe) was caught juicing.  That's pretty damn close.

I agree, I was just saying that there are still some rumors out there. I think Carrol was called in for questioning in this situation because of the unique steroid that was used by Lawton. I can't see how anyone would be "disappointed" in this though.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
I agree, I was just saying that there are still some rumors out there.  I think Carrol was called in for questioning in this situation because of the unique steroid that was used by Lawton.  I can't see how anyone would be "disappointed" in this though.

I can see how some people would be disappointed...they wanted another name as big as Palmeiro.

I for one, am massively, hugely, relieved.

In a sort of crazy way, good for Lawton. I am glad to see him at least be honest about it. I with they would double the suspensions for people who make up the BS stories to act like they didn't know. I know it is impossible to do, I am just sick of every single one of these jerks staring into a camera and thinking we are all completely stupid enough to believe their lies. You cheated, admit it, move on. Be a man.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
In a sort of crazy way, good for Lawton.  I am glad to see him at least be honest about it.  I with they would double the suspensions for people who make up the BS stories to act like they didn't know.  I know it is impossible to do, I am just sick of every single one of these jerks staring into a camera and thinking we are all completely stupid enough to believe their lies.  You cheated, admit it, move on.  Be a man.

Doesnt this make him a shoe-in for next years SI Sportsman of the Year award, and Comeback Player of the Year award? Well, I guess i dont want to put the horse(steroid) before the cart.....