I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby Indicted

KipWellsFan

ENSOR: Secondly, the suggestion that's been out there quite a bit -- and there's even some discussion of it in the Senate Intelligence Committee report -- that Valerie Plame suggested her husband be sent to Niger. I have talked to very high intelligence officials who say that just isn't true. That it was senior officers above her who had the idea of sending Ambassador Wilson, knowing that he'd been in Niger before and was an experienced hand in Africa, a former ambassador on that continent. And they thought he'd be good. They then went to her and said, "Well, what do you think?" She responded with an email that said, "Yes, he'd be good for the following reasons." That was in response to higher-ups at the CIA who suggested that Joe Wilson be sent.

-CNN national security correspondent David Ensor

http://mediamatters.org/items/200510280009

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
Here's the thing - first of all, the leftists have been creaming their pants for this.  They have wanted something to stain the Bush White House since about, oh, January, 2001.

Kap that's pure hyperbole The left doesn't want bad to befall America any more than the right. Both sides want honest government without scandal.

And SS, comparing getting a blow job in the WS to this pales in comparison. Look at the root events. Was America harmed when Monica serviced the first member? Was America harmed with the leak?

When Americans defend bad government because it is *our* side, we have entered partisan politics and moved ourselves one step closer to a really bad, corrupt, government.

In a perfect world, it would be the Dems that lead the charge at Clinton, and the GOPers the most pissed at this. I see the same thing with parents. When I was growing up parents would be pissed when kids misbehaved. "You are embarrassing me as your mom". Now they defend the bad behavior and blame someone else.

If the citizens would rise up and clean up their own parties first, we'd all be better off.

We need the Hammer in '08 :bang

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
Hypothetical Situation.  If Clinton had resigned or the Democrats booted him and replaced him with Gore, would Gore have won in 2000?

Yes. 100% yes. Which is 100% now the reason why I hold Bill Clinton as part of the cause of this administration/disaster/whatever you want to call it.

I was furious with Clinton for not resigning in 98. Had the Republicans run a decent candidate, I might be a registered Republican right now. I'm only a Democrat because I thought George W. Bush was so incredibly bad, and I saw him getting the nomination early because of all his fundraising.

The average politico in the US is still light years ahead of the rest of the world. Our system allows for average people to do extraordinary things. But we can't disturb the balance by neutering the judicial branch or silencing the press.

Now if we could get both parties to stop buying success with spend and don't tax deficit spending, we might have a chance.

I also hope more people here do as I do. I may defend some of my favorite candidates publicly, but these leaders also get emails when I think they are screwing up. I will be very embarrassed if my hero Tom DeLay winds up in jail.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
Hypothetical Situation.  If Clinton had resigned or the Democrats booted him and replaced him with Gore, would Gore have won in 2000?

It depends on what they got him on. Heck if they had done a legitimate job at prosecuting Gore for taking money from Chinese nationals during the fundraising before the election, he could have been impeached/resigned as well. Gore was actually much more involved in that stuff.