Konerko gave ball to JR

IlliniKrush

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
Latest I heard was 6 years and 72 million, a Tejada type deal.

I heard he was asking 5yr 65 mill and I'm guessing he won't get more than that. And yes, I'd give him that type of deal. Thats basically an Adrian Beltre type year.

The other good news is that the Angels may shift there interest from Paulie to Manny. There is a lot of talk out here of the Angels trading for Manny Ramirez.

What a classy move by Paulie. Shows what this organization is made of. I also liked the dig that Hawk had on Moronati.

I think we have more of a chance of signing PK than I originally thought. He seems to be a guy that would like to reward the team that gave him the chance to play. Unless someone completely blows what the Sox can offer out of the water he should be back. My gut feeling.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
6 years?  Yikes, that's a pretty long contract.  Where did you hear this figure?

Heard it mentioned a few places, most recently it was reported as a figure from someone close to the organization on ESPN.

I read on both TSN and ESPN that Paul Konerko has filed for free agency yesterday. I hope he doesn't leave the team like Kariya did with my Ducks in 2003. I won't be happy with the team if it does. I think Konerko is the pulse of this team and needs to finsih his career a White Sock. :gosox4:

I remain skeptical about things said at parades. I recall Carmelo Anthony hinting he'd return to school after they want the Natl Championship. Don't put too much into something said at such an emotional and euphoric time. We'll have to pretty much offer a match to keep him but I think JR will probably do it. I don't think there will be a discount though

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
I remain skeptical about things said at parades. I recall Carmelo Anthony hinting he'd return to school after they want the Natl Championship. Don't put too much into something said at such an emotional and euphoric time. We'll have to pretty much offer a match to keep him but I think JR will probably do it. I don't think there will be a discount though

Sean May told the UNC crowd that he was definitely coming back after they won it last season.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)

There is a difference between kids returning to school and guys coming back to teams they get paid on. Carmelo WANTED to come back. He cried when he was told not to. I am not sure about May...but I am sure it was a similar situation.

I actually now think that PK will be back, though for a hefty sum. Guys like May and Anthony are, how can I say, immature college kids that were too overcome by praise and money to stick to their word. PK, on the other hand, after seeing that he kept that ball and gave it to JR, seems to be on a different level than those guys.

It seems that I was completely wrong on everything I said about Konerko, and that is why I am an idiot.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
I honestly think Sean May wanted to come back.... but than after seeing every one of his teamates go and recieving advice from other people he went in the draft.

Cubsfan-I agree with you, but I add this disclaimer.

College=no money

Going pro=getting paid.

Paulie isnt exactly facing the same choice, he has every reason to think that we will be getting him his cash.