Free agent resource.

qwerty

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
I really believe with their huge Japanese following, and need for a left handed power bat, Seattl would claim him in a second.  The Red Sox would probably claimed him just for the f*** of it too.

Here's the messed up thing....

I think if you claim him, you could take him to arbitration. He's in his first year of arb (entering his 4th year in the league), so I don't think he would be passed up by too many people.

I could be wrong about this. I haven't found a good explanation of his situation anywhere

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Nov 9, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
I stand corrected. I still wouldn't want anyone who attempted to kill someone on the White Sox roster. Maybe he will be exonerated. I still wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft. pole, and I really wanted this guy when Detroit made him available.

Now if he tried to kill someone on the Yankees roster...........that's another story. :P

Mariners on verge of signing Jojima

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/updates...p-4825137c.html

"Move over Ichiro, you could soon have company.

The Seattle Mariners are said to be on the verge of signing Japanese catcher Kenji Jojima.

A source said Friday that the Mariners are close to signing Jojima to a two-year contract worth about $8 million with an option for a third season."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yan...y-yankees-print

"Seibu Lions righthander Daisuke Matsuzaka still hopes to pitch in the major leagues this season even after his Japanese League team rejected his request to leave earlier this week. And if Matsuzaka somehow can convince his current employers to reverse course, the Yankees are expected to hotly pursue the pitcher considered by many to be the best in the Japanese League."

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
Mariners on verge of signing Jojima

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/updates...p-4825137c.html

"Move over Ichiro, you could soon have company.

The Seattle Mariners are said to be on the verge of signing Japanese catcher Kenji Jojima.

A source said Friday that the Mariners are close to signing Jojima to a two-year contract worth about $8 million with an option for a third season."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yan...y-yankees-print

"Seibu Lions righthander Daisuke Matsuzaka still hopes to pitch in the major leagues this season even after his Japanese League team rejected his request to leave earlier this week. And if Matsuzaka somehow can convince his current employers to reverse course, the Yankees are expected to hotly pursue the pitcher considered by many to be the best in the Japanese League."

Kenji Jojima - C -

Both the Seattle Post-Intelligencer and the Times are refuting a report that the Mariners and catcher Kenji Jojima are close to terms.

As did his agent. "We're not even close," agent Alan Nero said. "We're just dating. Everyone wants us to get married. We're just trying to get to know each other." The two sides are expected to keep flirting today. Meanwhile, the jealous ex, in this case the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks, is reported to have upped its offer to Jojima to $10 million per year. Nov. 12 - 3:34 am et

Source: Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Kenji Jojima - C -

After concluding his visit with the Mariners, Kenji Jojima will leave Monday for Chicago, where he will hold a news conference on Tuesday.

Jojima had dinner with Mariners chairman Howard Lincoln and team president Chuck Armstrong on Friday and met with GM Bill Bavasi yesterday. It's expected that he'll visit the Mets in New York and San Diego before deciding on a team. A return to Japan and the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks remains a possibility. Nov. 13 - 3:45 am et Source: Seattle Times

Edited by sayitaintso

Rangers signed LHP Kevin Walker and LHP Jesse Carlson to minor league contracts and invited them to spring training.

Walker, 29, appeared in nine games for the White Sox last season and allowed seven runs in seven innings. At this point, the 24-year-old Carlson is probably the more interesting of the two. The Blue Jays never gave him a chance even though he had a 2.79 ERA and a 59/12 K/BB ratio in 58 IP between Double- and Triple-A last season. Both relievers will probably open the year in Triple-A Oklahoma's pen.

There goes our chance for repeating

Edited by robinventura23

Not really FA news, but

Juan Pierre - OF - Marlins

ESPN Radio 1000 is reporting that the Cubs are close to acquiring Juan Pierre from the Marlins for a pair of minor leaguers.

No Corey Patterson? We hope the Cubs wouldn't give up Felix Pie for one year of Pierre. Parting with pitching prospects, say Rich Hill along with Sean Marshall or Renyel Pinto, would be preferable. Nov. 14 - 7:27 pm et

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 06:46 PM)
Not really FA news, but

Juan Pierre - OF - Marlins 

ESPN Radio 1000 is reporting that the Cubs are close to acquiring Juan Pierre from the Marlins for a pair of minor leaguers.

No Corey Patterson? We hope the Cubs wouldn't give up Felix Pie for one year of Pierre. Parting with pitching prospects, say Rich Hill along with Sean Marshall or Renyel Pinto, would be preferable. Nov. 14 - 7:27 pm et

Oh, God, please tell me they are going to trade Felix Pie for Juan Pierre. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee. :pray

This would make my freaking day.

Hideki Matsui - OF - Yankees

The Yankees and outfielder Hideki Matsui are nearing an agreement on a four-year deal worth about $50 million, The Associated Press reports.

That'd be quite a raise for a player who was little better than expected while fulfilling the $21 million contract he received three years ago, and considering that he's now 31, he's a worse bet for the future than he was back then. Of course, since he brings in revenue just by being on the team, he doesn't need to be a $12 million-per-year player to be worth the money. Nov. 14 - 7:47 pm et Source: The Associated Press

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
Hideki Matsui - OF - Yankees 

The Yankees and outfielder Hideki Matsui are nearing an agreement on a four-year deal worth about $50 million, The Associated Press reports.

That'd be quite a raise for a player who was little better than expected while fulfilling the $21 million contract he received three years ago, and considering that he's now 31, he's a worse bet for the future than he was back then. Of course, since he brings in revenue just by being on the team, he doesn't need to be a $12 million-per-year player to be worth the money. Nov. 14 - 7:47 pm et Source: The Associated Press

Boo.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
Boo, cause I was hoping somehow someway he'd reach free agency.

If I'm booing, it's because maybe he's setting the mark that it will take to get Konerko to sign a little too high. If he's worth $12, then Konerko's worth $15 mil.