Free agent resource.

qwerty

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
Here's a hilarious example of how the Cubs stupidly overpaid Neifi Perez:

Keep in mind that both Neifi Perez and Deivi Cruz play the same positions (SS, 2B, and 3B).  Neifi Perez is 32 years old while Deivi Cruz is 33 years old.

Neifi Perez's career stats:  .270 AVG  .301 OBP  .380 SLG  .681 OPS

Deivi Cruz's career stats:  .269 AVG  .293 OBP  .388 SLG  .682 OPS

:lolhitting

Neifi is superior defensively though (I think he won a gold glove in Colorado, or at least I thought he did) and had himself a pretty solid year with the Cubs. Deivi Cruz has kind of resurfaced. I really don't think the Cubs did anything wrong with that contract for Neiffi. He played quite solid for them last year. Although his OBP was downright disgusting.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neifi is superior defensively though (I think he won a gold glove in Colorado, or at least I thought he did) and had himself a pretty solid year with the Cubs.  Deivi Cruz has kind of resurfaced.  I really don't think the Cubs did anything wrong with that contract for Neiffi.  He played quite solid for them last year.  Although his OBP was downright disgusting.

I forgot to add that. But still, better glove or not, Neifi is making over three times the money that Deivi Cruz is making and he will be making it for two years. Both are just backup utility infielders, nothing more.

Edited by SSH2005

The Tacoma News Tribune is also reporting that the Mariners have offered Kevin Millwood $44 million over four years and says the two sides could be close to a deal.

The deal may include an option for a fifth year and added incentives. Just one year ago, Millwood signed a deal that guaranteed him $3 million. If the Mariners thought he was such a good bet to stay healthy, where were they then? Dec. 6 - 12:10 am et

Go Mariners!

From Newsday (so consider the source):

While the cost-cutting Marlins still are refusing to lower their asking price of Robinson Cano for Juan Pierre, they have begun to tell teams that every player on their roster - including Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera - is available for the right price.

It's interesting to think about, what WOULD the Marlins ask for in exchange for Cabrera? For me, Cabrera is one of only a few players who I'd trade anybody on the Sox to get. The question would then be HOW MANY Sox players would it take. It would obviously have to be a plethora of young, cheap players. I'd gut the farm for him if the opportunity arose.

From Newsday (so consider the source):

While the cost-cutting Marlins still are refusing to lower their asking price of Robinson Cano for Juan Pierre, they have begun to tell teams that every player on their roster - including Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera - is available for the right price.

It's interesting to think about, what WOULD the Marlins ask for in exchange for Cabrera?  For me, Cabrera is one of only a few players who I'd trade anybody on the Sox to get.  The question would then be HOW MANY Sox players would it take.  It would obviously have to be a plethora of young, cheap players.  I'd gut the farm for him if the opportunity arose.

I don't even want to think about what the Marlins would want for Miguel Cabrera.

What we all figured was coming.

Frank Thomas - DH - White Sox

White Sox declined to offer arbitration to DH Frank Thomas, DH Carl Everett and C Raul Casanova.

All expected. Those three are the team's only remaining free agents. Thomas is likely to end up with either the A's or Twins, with the A's being the better bet. Dec. 7 - 4:57 pm et

What we all figured was coming.

Frank Thomas - DH - White Sox 

White Sox declined to offer arbitration to DH Frank Thomas, DH Carl Everett and C Raul Casanova.

All expected. Those three are the team's only remaining free agents. Thomas is likely to end up with either the A's or Twins, with the A's being the better bet. Dec. 7 - 4:57 pm et

Well At least he won't be on the loosing end of SOx/A's games anymore!

If you guys are interested, I have started listing all of the trades, rumors, and FA signings here:

http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.as...sox&msg=1613.11

There were so many trades that came in under the radar, I thought I would try and keep them all in one place. I update everything daily, so If you come across a signing, trade, or rumor that I havent listed, post it and I will add to the list.

QUOTE(Felix @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
Is the original post ever going to be updated?

I have updated it a few times. follow the thread through, I update with a new thread everyday, and only edit in updates through the day. The messageboard is incredibly simplistic and you cant do much on the board.

QUOTE(Felix @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
Some Podsednik bashing, Sox hating, Indian supporting..

Podsednik sucks ( oh ya he is one of the best lead-off men in baseball... :lol: )... never really bashed the sox, alot of people said much worse than i did. I i do like the indians, i don't see what the problem is. I was the only one that could admit the indians would be damn good in 2005. Said their pen would > ours ( most people thought they would repeat what they did in 2004. Most os soxtalk also thought their offense would suck and they would not get near their 2005 numbers offensively... oops.

There was nothing to update for a long time and then BOOM and i have not really had time. Updating a free agent list on soxtalk was not my main priority but i will try getting it updated soon.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
Podsednik sucks ( oh ya he is one of the best lead-off men in baseball... :lol: )... never really bashed the sox, alot of people said much worse than i did.  I i do like the indians, i don't see what the problem is. I was the only one that could admit the indians would be damn good in 2005. Said their pen would > ours ( most people thought they would repeat what they did in 2004. Most os soxtalk also thought their offense would suck and they would not get near their 2005 numbers offensively... oops.

There was nothing to update for a long time and then BOOM and i have not really had time. Updating a free agent list on soxtalk was not my main priority but i will try getting it updated soon.

Ok, Mr. Pat myself on the back. You owe me a sig cause of our Cotts bet, you also said Hermy would suck so lets not get to full of ourselves.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
Ok, Mr. Pat myself on the back.  You owe me a sig cause of our Cotts bet, you also said Hermy would suck so lets not get to full of ourselves.

Hermanson got by the last two months pitching like s*** i do not care what anyone says. You know i was one of the only cotts supporters around here. I did not want him to fail and you know it.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
Hermanson got by the last two months pitching like s*** i do not care what anyone says. You know i was one of the only cotts supporters around here. I did not want him to fail and you know it.

LOL, Hermanson pitched like s*** because he doesn't throw hard. Of course. You didn't like the signing so you never would admit he pitched well.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
The A's supposedly are the frontrunners to deal for David Wells. If they signed Frank Thomas, it could make for a pretty interesting scenerio considering Wells' comments the first time they were teammates.

While we're at it, the A's have been in the running for Milton Bradley as well. Which, if it all were to happen, would provide easily the most entertaining clubhouse in years. The only question would be which ones would survive.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)

Dang... Does anyone remember what my sig bet was? or even who it was with? I'm sure I won. :lol: