cedar point's new roller coaster

kapkomet

That rides about 2 or 3 years old now.

Let me be the first to say, that video does no justice to the real thing.

Seeing it live is unlike any other thing I've seen. It was just so goddam taller than anything in the area. I literally lost my breath watching this thing. Of course, I was too scared to go on it.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 11:12 AM)
Ive been on it and the only thing to say is..... holy god.....

Its not better than sex though...

I agree. It was only my second time ever going on a roller coaster and my friend decided it would be fantastic if it was the 1st roller coaster of the day(because of the long lines that would form). Holy hell, that's all I have to say.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
How much does it tower over Millenium Force? I know that you could see it from pretty far away, and the dragster is like 100 ft. taller too.

The Millennium is slightly over 300 feet, and hits 91 mph.

The Dragster is over 400 feet, and I believe hits 120.

When I was living in Wildwood, my neighbor and I would ride our motorcycles over to Six Flags and hit all the coasters after work. I love most roller coasters, but that one would have me seriously considering staying on the ground and holding everyone's cell phones and glasses.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 29, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
The Millennium is slightly over 300 feet, and hits 91 mph.

The Dragster is over 400 feet, and I believe hits 120.

Well it has a speedometer on the side right before you go up. I think it needs to go at least 124mph to go all the way over. Sometimes it doesn't as in my case and you're dropping alll the way back 400 feet which is really scary cas it whips you. They let you have another try if it doesn't go up all the way though.

I can't believe I'm more brave than some of the people here. Most roller coasters have me scared s***less.

Edited by nitetrain8601

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 06:36 PM)
We went about about 3 years ago and I thought the M Force was completely off the chain.  I can't imagine it getting better.    I gotta hit it up.

I waited 4 hours in line to ride that back during it's intial opening of May 2000.

It was awesome.

I went to Cedar Point about two months ago...we went on every roller coaster. But in typical fashion, the dragstrip ride was 'closed for repair'...this would upset some people, but much like Charlie Brown, I have become unaffected by these small misfortunes along my way.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
What's that one at Great America that looks like a big U? I went on it and was prettty dissappointed. This one looks slightly better.

Vertical Velocity.

This one is much better.