White Sox Withdrawl

GoArow33

QUOTE(GoArow33 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
I'm starting to get sad that it's over til Soxfest. Anyone else suffering from this?  :crying

I was personally ready for it to be over. I put a LOT of things in my life on hold for the playoffs, and I'm finally not going to sleep amped up on adrenaline and stress. I was balls to the wall about this team from March 15th til October 15th. 7 months is enough :P

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
I was personally ready for it to be over. I put a LOT of things in my life on hold for the playoffs, and I'm finally not going to sleep amped up on adrenaline and stress. I was balls to the wall about this team from March 15th til October 15th. 7 months is enough  :P

Yeah. I thought I was a huge Bulls fan and that the Bulls would always be my favorite sports team. That's not so. I never found myself cheering so hard and watching the games so tightly. This team has me spent. I probably won't start worrying about the Bulls until December at the earliest. I hope the Sox do it again to me next year.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)
Yeah. I thought I was a huge Bulls fan and that the Bulls would always be my favorite sports team. That's not so. I never found myself cheering so hard and watching the games so tightly. This team has me spent. I probably won't start worrying about the Bulls until December at the earliest. I hope the Sox do it again to me next year.

As a huge Bulls fan too, as great as all those Jordan-era championships were, they don't compare to this. Chicago has starved for a World Series winner for so long it's ridiculous. Thank god it was the White Sox.

I'm ready for the Bulls season to begin but can't imagine being too excited about watching games right now. Usually when the baseball season ends I can't wait for the Bulls to start playing. This year though on the heels of what the White Sox accomplished, the start of the Bulls season is just not met with that same excitedness. Gotta admit though it's pretty sweet that there was no month long wait.

I am sad, but i have so much stuff to remember and to let it soak in this offseason

I dont think i have ever spent that much time at a ballpark between going to most games down the stretch and every home playoff game (not to mention getting there early and staying late!)

i am going through a little sox withdrawl

No, I'm still in celebratory mood.

Now comes the time for Sox fans to reminisce...to let it soak in.

I too was emotionally a wreck, especially during the playoffs. Great baseball, but tight, especially during the WS. Our record in games with a margin of 2-runs or less was more than impressive, but also a killer on the nerves.

My work was also minimal and crappy (Sorry, boss).

I'm sure once the doldrums of the Bears, Bull, and Hawks becomes a part of standard reality for us, then that emotional withdrawl will kick in.

Yes and No.

Yes, because I too put life on hold for the month of October, including my job. That, and I think that my wife is glad to not be a baseball widow anymore.

No, because I love baseball and love the Sox far more than any other sport. So now its just kind of like...hmm...what do I do until spring training.

Either way, it was a hell of a way to end this season!

I needed a breather after having a full month of being nervous, following superstitions etc, and that was after a 6 month regular season of watching every game and spending so much time here.

In other words, my grades need some attention now.

I definately got that feeling sitting on the couch before going out.

"What the hell do I do now that baseball's over?"

It was that same feeling I get every year but his year i think it was a little more tough to let go. So many great times following this team's season. It was almost like I wanted this run to keep on going.

i am sad it is over, however, i am also glad.

the white sox won the world championship. i just wish there was a 24/7 channel that showed nothing but white sox stuff.

also, it would be cool if comcast did something like sportschannel used to do with the "100 Games to Glory" of the Bulls...

maybe they could replay key games from the season (especially the one against LA with AJ's homer).

God, this season was perfect.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
also, it would be cool if comcast did something like sportschannel used to do with the "100 Games to Glory" of the Bulls...

maybe they could replay key games from the season (especially the one against LA with AJ's homer).

now that's an idea, and it is possible because there isn't that much comcast has in the winter.

QUOTE(PaHs @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
Hey, I'm thinking about getting an authentic Pods jersey. I was just wondering if anybody knows what his contract with the Sox is. I don't want him leavin the club the year after I buy this pimp ass piece of clothing.

his contract ends at the end of next year, IIRC

The end of baseball season means one thing.....

HOT STOVE SEASON IS UPON US

Over the next few months we will be happy, sad, pissed and overjoyed as moves are made. Lets enjoy what happened and soon enough we will have all sorts of cool moves that are made throughout baseball. Hotstove is an interesting time.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
The end of baseball season means one thing.....

HOT STOVE SEASON IS UPON US

Over the next few months we will be happy, sad, pissed and overjoyed as moves are made.  Lets enjoy what happened and soon enough we will have all sorts of cool moves that are made throughout baseball.  Hotstove is an interesting time.

And it'll of course be quickly forgotten, but please remember to be patient. We didn't make our first big splash until about a week until Christmas last year. That was the earliest I remember us doing something like that, since KW's been here.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
And it'll of course be quickly forgotten, but please remember to be patient.  We didn't make our first big splash until about a week until Christmas last year.  That was the earliest I remember us doing something like that, since KW's been here.

I think the Konerko thing will happen quick. But I think there are a few other moves that will happen further in the process. I think its going to a more active Hot Stove league for the sox than we think.