The Rally Perry

Dan

Ladies and Gentelmen after the craze and attention that Joe Crede got (and well deserved) during the playoffs and the addition of The Rally Crede here on soxtalk, i believe we have overlooked a crucial person in our White Sox run at the pennant and the World Series. With that being said, I was discussing with soxtalk user C'monstretch over the matter and we came to the realization that the badass, musical God and member of the "I still rock a sweet mullet" club Steve Perry played a great role in our victory and deserves recognition. C'monstretch and I agreed that The Rally Perry is the final product. after searching the net for a few days, ive found a winner of an avatar. with the help of the mods and you guys, im asking if someone could give us a hand with photochopping and placing "The Rally Perry" into the pic/vid that i have attached. White Sox Josh's avatar is kinda what were after. ok so for the moment youve all been waiting for, people, i presnt to you Teh Rally Perry.

f41cfs.gif

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
no

no

no

no

rally crede is rally crede.

that's it, story over.

just because your a mod now, doesnt mean ya have ta be a tool.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
Could someone fill me in.  How and why did this horrible song become a part of the Sox pennant chase?  Seriously.

I've heard it like this.

Crede, Rowand, Pierzynski go to a bar, watch some random local band.

During their performance, Crede yells out "Play some f***ing Journey!"

They play Don't Stop Believing. The 3 crack up.

Game 2 of the Boston series rolls around. We're down 4-0 in the 5th inning. David Wells on the mound.

The Cell plays that song (I'm not sure if one of the 3 asked them to).

We end that inning winning 5-4 after an Iguchi home run.

Since that point, they never stopped believing.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 06:02 PM)
I've heard it like this.

Crede, Rowand, Pierzynski go to a bar, watch some random local band.

During their performance, Crede yells out "Play some f***ing Journey!"

They play Don't Stop Believing.  The 3 crack up.

Game 2 of the Boston series rolls around.  We're down 4-0 in the 5th inning.  David Wells on the mound.

The Cell plays that song (I'm not sure if one of the 3 asked them to).

We end that inning winning 5-4 after an Iguchi home run.

Since that point, they never stopped believing.

It was a bar in Baltimore and it was a lounge singer that was playing a bunch of songs that the 3 + blum have never heard before so Crede yelled as a joke.

That song was the only bad thing about the White Sox this year.

I played guitar for a cover band in the early eighties...our singer and bass player were huge Journey fans...I was more into Led Zepelin, Black Sabath, Judas Priest. UFO, Cheap Trick and AC/DC...playing Journey always gave me goose bumps "not in a good way"

QUOTE(GSH @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
That song was the only bad thing about the White Sox this year.

I played guitar for a cover band in the early eighties...our singer and bass player were huge Journey fans...I was more into Led Zepelin, Black Sabath, Judas Priest. UFO, Cheap Trick and AC/DC...playing Journey always gave me goose bumps "not in a good way"

you do realize that you just exposed and told all of the soxtalk community that you were in a "cover band in the early eighties" dont you???

QUOTE(Dan @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 06:24 PM)
you do realize that you just exposed and told all of the soxtalk community that you were in a "cover band in the early eighties" dont you???

Yeah I know, but who cares....I also had a mullet, wore an earing and my eyes were red everyday of the week.

Now I'm 42, 200 lbs, have very time if any to play guitar and I am in bed by 10:00 pm....but hey "The White Sox won the World Series" so what does anything else matter.

:cheers

QUOTE(GSH @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
Yeah I know, but who cares....I also had a mullet, wore an earing and my eyes were red everyday of the week.

Now I'm 42, 200 lbs, have very time if any to play guitar and I am in bed by 10:00 pm....but hey "The White Sox won the World Series" so what does anything else matter.

:cheers

:cheers The Rally Perry matters!