Do you know what is Bullshit about the Illini

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
I don't think there is such thing as "clean" program on that level.  Coach Carr just hasn't got caught yet.

By saying on that level, do you mean Div 1, or do you mean a competitive top 50 type program? I think there are some very squeaky clean Div 1 programs, but as you move up higher and higher in the polls, you find teams and programs that get closer and closer to the "line". Once you are walking the tightrope, you will sometimes fall over the line.

What gets interesting isn't in the rules violations, and such stuff, but in the quality of the individuals you are recruiting. Everyone wants the academic all-American with a 3.5 gpa and a huge SAT score who brings the homeless dinner. Those are tough to win with everyone going after them. How far down the character slide to you want to go. That is where the DUI, date rape, thug mentality comes into a program. Desperate coaches, wanting to keep their $400,000 and up gigs, start to cut corners. It isn't really breaking any NCAA rules, but it does lead to an embarrassing program when the players are featured on the back page and the front page of the local newspaper.

BTW, the above comments do not apply to the Texas Longhorn program that always gets the finest student athletes who would never embarrass the University.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 12:06 AM)
Carr is one of the several guys out there that are not running dirty programs.

OSU=no violations

U of M=no violations.

How can you say one is cleaner than the other. OSU's program hasnt had any penalties or violations. The only one was a player acting wrongly, and he was suspended as such. You are an idiot if you believe that nobody at Michigan is violating the rules. If their basketball team did it, and those alumni helped, what makes you think that the football alums didnt pass some money over? You need to reevaluate your posts because you are digging yourself in an idiot hole.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 07:30 AM)
By saying on that level, do you mean Div 1, or do you mean a competitive top 50 type program? I think there are some very squeaky clean Div 1 programs, but as you move up higher and higher in the polls, you find teams and programs that get closer and closer to the "line". Once you are walking the tightrope, you will sometimes fall over the line.

This is not entirely correct. I know 2 programs, for a fact, one in the MAC division 1 and one in division 3, and they both give out money on the side. Its everywhere. And I for one think the players deserve a little extra. Yes they are getting a free ride most of the time, but it comes nothing close to their commitments time-wise and the amount of money that they bring in for the school.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 05:40 AM)
How the f*** do you know that?

There's not a single high-major team that runs a 100 pct clean program. Just from the colleges I went to undergrad/grad school for, I could tell you more than enough to get both schools put on probation for decades. It happens EVERYWHERE!

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 12:06 AM)
Carr is one of the several guys out there that are not running dirty programs.

So you know Jeremy Giambi AND Lloyd Carr?

You have one impressive black book, I will give you that