Thanks Chicago!!

bjm676

To all of Chicago,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Friday's city-wide celebration of a World Series title so far surpassed our expectations that we were left speechless -- which is saying a lot for Ozzie Guillen.

All along the parade route, through several of Chicago's neighborhoods and up LaSalle Street, fans cheered our players for such a magical season. You showered our team with ticker tape, appreciation and love. But we should be thanking you. None of this would have been possible without the loyal support of our great Sox fans. You truly are World Champions.

Thanks, as well, to Mayor Daley and the city of Chicago for pulling off such a world class celebration of nearly 2 million people in a matter of hours. Chicago really can throw a party.

Enjoy this World Series Championship, Chicago. Celebrate. After 88 long years of waiting, you deserve it.

Jerry Reinsdorf

:cheers

If I recall...alot of people wanted him to sell the team the past few years. Anyway...kudos for going with Kenny when Dan Evans was a more logical choice. Kudos for bringing in Ozzie...when it was obvious that Ghandi Manual's ways weren't working. Hopefully...we'll keep it going. KW seems fired up and not satisfied with just one...which I love!

Thank you Jerry!..Thank you Kenny...Thank you Ozzie...Thank you the entire White Sox orginization for putting an exclamation point on one of THE BEST years of my life EVER!!!!

Between the Fighting Illini this past year...the Bulls finally putting it together....the White Sox becoming World Champs...do I dare say the Bears make a run here?!?....naaaaaaah. NOTHING could dampen my feelings right now...I'm still on such a high...it's not even funny!!!

BRING ON THE SPRING!!!!

:cheers

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
There's something wrong with you, if you didn't feel awesome for the guy when you saw him get that ball from PK.

That was unreal...I was hoping Paulie was going to announce a contract was worked out...sike...

Thanks for helping to get the title JR, although I still think you are making a fortune on the club.

Hopefully you'll do the right thing and re-sign PK and also add some more payroll this offseason to keep improving what is already an outstanding club.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
Thanks for helping to get the title JR, although I still think you are making a fortune on the club.

Hopefully you'll do the right thing and re-sign PK and also add some more payroll this offseason to keep improving what is already an outstanding club.

Sorry Alex, it has been well documented that the only money Jerry and company are making on the White Sox are all paper capital gains, none of which ever gets taken out of the team. This ownership group won't realize any profits on the White Sox until they sell the team. All of the year to year profits instantly get reinvested into the team the very next season in the form of higher payroll.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)

They've only paid out to the shareholders 6 times in 25 years. And they get paid first. He's not making a fourtune on the Sox.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Sorry Alex, it has been well documented that the only money Jerry and company are making on the White Sox are all paper capital gains, none of which ever gets taken out of the team.  This ownership group won't realize any profits on the White Sox until they sell the team.  All of the year to year profits instantly get reinvested into the team the very next season in the form of higher payroll.

My dad's comment is always how Reinsdorf is one the richest real estate guys in this city...and I say, yeah, but that's not the team money.

I've always felt he tries to do the best for us...and this year, they did it right.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
My dad's comment is always how Reinsdorf is one the richest real estate guys in this city...and I say, yeah, but that's not the team money.

I've always felt he tries to do the best for us...and this year, they did it right.

Between what he ownes here, in Arizona, Florida, and NY in real estate.. he's way loaded.